Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2005, 02:24 PM

Default Re: 10 20 6Max desperate for help

Whatever is going wrong for you, it is not contained in the stats you posted. Your WSD/W$SD do not indicate such a bad losing streak, so all signs point to your postflop decision-making. Post some hands.
Old 07-02-2005, 04:00 PM

I've found two hands which i've lost a bit on here they are;

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (8 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 13 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Button doesn't show.
Outcome: Button wins 13 BB. </font>

I must've been on tilt this last hand!

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 3 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (5 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 4h 4c (full house, tens full of fours).
BB has 2h Th (four of a kind, tens).
Button doesn't show.
Outcome: BB wins 9 BB. </font>
Old 07-02-2005, 04:07 PM

You've lost $4?

Your Won@SD is really high. This usually means someone is running well.

Oh, and how many outs did you think you had in that 11BB pot? I think you can either count your A or your K (but not both) half of the time, because you could be up against a set or AQ here, and a Jack, = 4.5 outs. Just barely enough to call.
Old 07-02-2005, 04:23 PM

yes, that's my problem i think. I get commited in pots and go to far with to few outs. or at least thats what i think i do most times when i'm losing. Any recomendations where i should study up about post-flop play etc. Or any examples that i should search for in my database to post? I'm very happy that I've gotten some nice responses.
Old 07-02-2005, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yes, that's my problem i think. I get commited in pots and go to far with to few outs. or at least thats what i think i do most times when i'm losing. Any recomendations where i should study up about post-flop play etc. Or any examples that i should search for in my database to post? I'm very happy that I've gotten some nice responses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check out your WR with overcards (AK, AQ, AJ, AT, KQ, KJ) and compare them to other peoples. I think the ability to play with overcards correctly is very important.
Old 07-02-2005, 04:32 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

I play pretty similarly to you, so I'm not arguing with your point. I just don't think you should be saying it's bad. it's just probably not best. that's all
Old 07-02-2005, 04:42 PM

Check out your WR with overcards (AK, AQ, AJ, AT, KQ, KJ) and compare them to other peoples. I think the ability to play with overcards correctly is very important.

[/ QUOTE ]

AKs .82BB
AKo .59
AQs 1.13
AQo 0.41
AJs 0.67
AJ 0.51
ATs .22
ATo .08
KQs .76
KQ .42
KJs .27
KJ .13
KTs -.05!!!!!!
KTo .16
Old 07-03-2005, 09:44 AM

Default Results

Ok so I took your advice. I checked through my postflop play by playing it back in Pokertracker and analyzing one session with a friend.
I played most hands good, some very good but i found some leaks that i think should make me a losing player or at least a break even to small winner.

Leaks found: Overplaying AA, top KQ with Q flop. (putting 3 bets in on turn when i should've put in the breaks

Not raising enough preflop.

Playing to predicitble not betting out flops when i know i will call if someone calls

Also giving up to many pots by checking turn and folding river.

I will post some hands that i think i've misplayed.

Thanks to everyone who helped me, i will continue to search for leaks.