Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2005, 12:37 AM

Default Re: This is tough to write

I am very sorry to hear this. No one wants to outlive their children. It is a very sad day when it happens.
Old 07-03-2005, 12:48 AM

Default Re: be a man, you sissy

[ QUOTE ]
Be a man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Says the guy who had to hide behind a new account to deliver this depraved message.
Old 07-03-2005, 12:54 AM

Slavic,

My condolences go out to you and yours. Just remember that everything happens for a reason, and that your son will live on through you and your family, whose lives were clearly touched deeply during his time with you.

Please be sure to alert us if a memorial is started in your son's name. I'm sure there are many people on 2+2 who would love to help in any way we could.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:12 AM

Best of luck to you and your family. You have my condolences.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:51 AM

I can't even imagine what you are going through right now but my thoughts are with you and your family. Good luck and stay up.
Old 07-03-2005, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't even imagine what you are going through right now but my thoughts are with you and your family. Good luck and stay up.

[/ QUOTE ]

First let me say how sorry i am for your loss. Spend time with the ones you love and keep going to counseling. As for your comments regarding poker, i think anyone with an impartial standpoint can verify that it would abnormal if you DIDN'T have trouble playing right now. Any kind of effort must be difficult let alone something with the uncertainty of poker, so drop down, play less, do whatever is neccesary because that is the least important thing in the world right now.
Old 07-03-2005, 02:17 AM

Slavic,

There is nothing I can say that hasn't already been said, and nothing that would totally depict how I (along with the rest of this community) feel for you at this moment.

Be loving, be sad, be faithful...you will make it through this with the support of your family. My deepest thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

Edit add: it always impresses me how a community of poker players on an internet message board can "come together" like this and offer what is surely honest support to someone they may never have met and may never meet in "real life". Gives me a little more faith in humanity. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2005, 02:19 AM

jackcosmo,

I hope you get hit by a bus. And I'm not even kidding.

At the very least, I at least hope you and your other SN (which I'm certain you have) get banned from here permanently.

Rot in hell.
Old 07-03-2005, 03:35 AM

My deepest sympathies for your loss. I hope you and your family have as easy a road through the grief as possible after this tragedy.

I agree with one of the other posters about taking time off from poker, which you seem to be leaning towards as well. Perhaps take another job. As you know poker plays with the emotions quite a bit and resilience is needed. The fear you experience when sitting to play is not fear of poker. Emotions demand an oppportunity to be acknowledged. I know that if I was to suffer a loss approaching that scale I would look to simplify my life and remove stressors until my emotions had settled.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

raisins
Old 07-03-2005, 04:26 AM

My deepest condolences. Take care of your family and let them take care of you.