Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2005, 11:37 AM

Default KQo in the CO - What\'s your turn move?

Live 2/4 at Potowatami Casnio in Milwaukee

I pick up KQo in the cutoff. While I'm new to the table, the BB looks LP and MP1 is paying everyone off with marginal hands.

PF (9 handed): UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, I rasie, B folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop (4 handed, 9.5 sb): Q74 (rainbow)
BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, I bet, BB calls, UTG folds, MP1 calls

Turn (3 handed, 6.75 BB): Q74 7
BB bets, MP1 calls, what's your move?
Old 07-02-2005, 01:38 PM

Default Re: KQo in the CO - What\'s your turn move?

I am only sure of one thing here, don't call [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But you probably knew that.
Against one villian I will absolutley raise this. Against two I am leaning towards folding, although I don't feel good about it.
Old 07-02-2005, 01:51 PM

I call. He either hit the seven or is representing it. If he's representing it then let him continue to bluff on the river. A raise will just cause him to fold.

He could also have QT,QJ and is using the old donkbet which would mean you shoud raise. But he is also in the BB which means the possibilty of a 7 is more likely than it would be from another position. If you raise here and are reraised are you going to call or fold? If you raise here and he just calls then donkbets the river again are you going to call UI?
Old 07-02-2005, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am only sure of one thing here, don't call

[/ QUOTE ]

What is wrong with calling? I think raising would be a mistake. If you are ahead, your opponents probably have three or fewer outs each. You are likely behind, but given the reads, not likely enough to fold. You are closing the action, but if you raise, a seven will very likely 3-bet you. If he is bluffing, he might not even call your raise. Seems like a call to me (or a fold with different reads).
Old 07-02-2005, 03:04 PM

Heads-up, this is a raise/call for me. Against 2 Villans, the only reason I can see to raise is hoping BB 3-bets and drives out UTG, but I wouldn't be thrilled at being 3-bet. So, I call and plan to call one on the river unless a scare card falls, fold to 2.
Old 07-02-2005, 04:06 PM

I think the standard line to use in this situation is to call the turn and raise the river.

This is because you're usually up against either a weakish holding or a very strong one. If you raise the turn, it gives the weakish holding an excuse to fold and the strong one a chance to 3-bet.

If you wait until the river to raise, the weakish holding will have put in at least two bets (and will be more likely to call a third since it gives a showdown). Meanwhile, since a river raise is often very scary, you will keep the stronger hands from reraising you as often.

If you do get 3-bet on the river, I think you can fold.