Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2005, 01:44 PM

Default No limit

I played today first time no limit and i losed 50 dollars in few hands. Game what i played was 10 players 25 no limit table. This is one hand where i lost all money. I pickup 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] j[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I call and 4 or 5 players call behind me. Flop is 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] j[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I bet all in 24 dollars and one call. Turn is 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and river is a[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. i had pair and opponent had aq two pair.[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] after this i lose every dollar in account. this showed my luck again and i feel poker need much more luck what i have [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-02-2005, 01:50 PM

Default Re: No limit

[ QUOTE ]
I played today first time no limit and i losed 50 dollars in few hands. Game what i played was 10 players 25 no limit table. This is one hand where i lost all money. I pickup 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] j[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I call and 4 or 5 players call behind me. Flop is 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] j[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I bet all in 24 dollars and one call. Turn is 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and river is a[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. i had pair and opponent had aq two pair.[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] after this i lose every dollar in account. this showed my luck again and i feel poker need much more luck what i have [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You played it perfectly. Nothing you could have done. A true bad beat. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 07-02-2005, 02:00 PM

LMAO - This can't be real...

...Wait a minute, that was my AQ [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-02-2005, 02:26 PM

Is this a joke post?
Call with J3 and going all-in (Huge overbet) with second pair and a rottom kicker?
Old 07-02-2005, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this a joke post?
Call with J3 and going all-in (Huge overbet) with second pair and a rottom kicker?

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet OP is as serious as a heart attack. Sweet Christ! you guys are stiffs.
Old 07-02-2005, 03:09 PM

Well, if this is serious, you need to fold preflop.

Any two cards really can win, but only if you are really, really lucky all the time. In general, two cards that can't possibly make a straight and can't make flush, are about as bad a couple of starting cards as you can get. In a full ring game, J3o is just about as bad as 72o is just about as bad as K3o etc, etc.

You need to get a decent hold 'em book and memorize the "starting hands" section.

You get an A+ for aggression post flop, but you're really just bluffing with any two cards. You get an F for preflop hand selection, position selection, and post-flop hand reading.

Keep posting hands that you lose, but try to avoid posting ones that are this bad unless you really don't realize yet how bad they are. In which case, I suspect you'll get an ear-full about "fold preflop" until you pick better starting cards at least.
Old 07-02-2005, 03:19 PM

Thanks for resposes. My thoughs was, i played this hand well. This pair was my firts one in session and i want play some poker what ive seen in tv. But when u dont have luck, you just cant win [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-02-2005, 03:31 PM

this is a funny post
Old 07-02-2005, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for resposes. My thoughs was, i played this hand well. This pair was my firts one in session and i want play some poker what ive seen in tv. But when u dont have luck, you just cant win [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%.