Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2005, 02:37 AM

Default Re: Monetary (BB) Goals...

how many tables?
Old 07-02-2005, 03:14 AM

i played single tables for most of the time, at the very end i doubled.
Old 07-02-2005, 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On a .02/.04 table, is my goal seriously 12-20 cents an hour??

[/ QUOTE ]

your goal is to learn the basics of the game against some really horrid players

don't worry about how much you make, or how much someone else made at .02/.04 its not important .. beat the game move up, repeat
Old 07-02-2005, 07:05 AM

I usually play 15/30 and up...but Im doing a bankroll building project on stars. I withdrew everything from PS and had .95 cents left on there. One day, months after I withdraw I look at my account to see how many FPPs I have, see I have less than a dollar on there...I sit at the .02/.04 tables for 2 hours for two days (so about 4 hours total)....ran it up to 15-18ish (not hard to do when u are playing with forum members from FCP who were pumping every pot to over 3-4 dollars)...jumped over to .05/.10 played there for a while (this level took a while to get past as stars does not have a .10/.20 level). Placed 3rd in a 1 dollar tourny I played for the hell of it (added 90 to my total) giveing me 170 to play .25/.50 level. ) and thats where Im at right now. I have $287 on there so far.

I play on Stars off and on, but Ive been lazy about it. Trying to build a whole other BR from nothing is an intresting experience. It will take a while but I dont plan to withdrawl anything until I get a BR for either 15/30 or 30/60.

It will take a while, but its a project Im working on, gives me something with a goal to do. And its fun to go from tougher competition, to playing against ppl who have no idea what the hell they are doing.
Old 07-02-2005, 08:18 AM

I worked my way up from .02/.04 to .25/.50 on Stars. You aren't going to get rich but I learned a hell of a lot about the game. I could have deposited $150 in the beginning and gone straight to .25/.50, but I bet I would have lost it all in no time. This way, I've played a lot of hands, learned a lot, and built up a $200 bankroll, all for a $10 investment.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I worked my way up from .02/.04 to .25/.50 on Stars. You aren't going to get rich but I learned a hell of a lot about the game. I could have deposited $150 in the beginning and gone straight to .25/.50, but I bet I would have lost it all in no time. This way, I've played a lot of hands, learned a lot, and built up a $200 bankroll, all for a $10 investment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost have a roll for 5/10 from a $5 investment, but I'm a whore.
Old 07-02-2005, 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On a .02/.04 table, is my goal seriously 12-20 cents an hour??

[/ QUOTE ]

your only goal is to learn and move up.

don't worry about winrate until you play 50K+ hands at one level.. and don't do that until at least .50/1.00.
Old 07-02-2005, 03:16 PM

I Wasn't really worrying about win-rate, merely I realized that at average or better than average win-rates, i'm not going aquire 300 BBs for the next limit anytime soon.

However, i'm in the middle of a HUGE streak on omaha 8 my first time playing. Turned 40 cents into 2 bucks in 30 minutes...and just took down another low pot. Do people not know how to fold in the low limts?? It seems like I am getting winning hands every time I stay in the flop, but I am also folding a lot more than the table.

edit: so here is the dillema...I switched to omaha 8 for fun, but if i can move up the limits quickly, i don't know a reason to go back to hold'em...i'll deal with that when/if I get to 30.00 bucks (the BR i want for .05/.10, whichever game I choose)

I permanently gave up on NL Online poker, it's too easy for me to just click "Call" when I know I shouldn't, and I think that will be disastrous for my bankroll. I'm much more focused in the limit games (after all of 24 hours playing them, lol...but I'm pretty convinced that I am through with NL except for Live play and Sit and Go tourneys, where I can only lose a limited amount per buy-in)