Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2005, 11:02 PM

Default Re: Did I play flush draw too aggressively on the flop?

[ QUOTE ]
Grunch.

I wouldn't check-raise this flop precisely because I don't really want to go three with a flush draw against only two opponents. However, since you did check-raise the flop, and since your opponent is a solid TAG, and since he has so clearly told you has AK or AQ -- why not go for a c/r on the river...he'd likely bet not fearing the flush that much, and then make a crying call.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean by "grunch?" In my post at 10:16 I said the follwing:

"Forgot something, I never check-raise heads up on the river. In this case especially, that river card has to scare him and I figure I'm doing him a big favor by allowing him to see my hand for free there. If he does have an ace with a good kicker he's paying off, the pot is too big, and I figure he's definitely checking the river when a scary falls. Just before he called my river bet he typed "enjoy your flush," so I don't think I would have gotten the opportunity to check and raise."

I generally don't like checking and raising to be honest, especially on the river where I can miss out on a BB. I figured this way he definitely calls, given the size of the pot. He was obviously smart enough to pick up on the fact that I was drawing after I didn't bet out on the turn. I truly believe he checks behind on the river. I figured why risk losing out on a definite BB?