Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2005, 05:42 PM

Default Re: Hellmuth - An Exhibition of Whoreness

Apparently you can get it for 99.89.

http://www.claypokerchipsandtables.com/1004041060.html
Old 07-01-2005, 05:44 PM

no one has seen these before? paul phillips wrote about these on his blog around a year ago.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:25 PM

I dislike Hellmuth's antics as much as anyone. I think it shows a great deal of immaturity and a lack of class. That being said, I can't really blame the guy for cashing in on his fame. How many of us here would act differently if given the chance to splash our face and name all over a bunch of products and make some jack in the process.

I've just defended Phil Hellmuth. This may be my last post. I'm sure my fingers will fall off soon. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Good luck all,

Fitz
Old 07-01-2005, 08:12 PM

A successful poker player shoulsn't have to sell out his dignity to make a buck. That said, I'm not so sure Hellmuth truly understands what a joke all of his merchandise is. I'm reasonably certain he thinks he looks very sexy on his chip set.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:53 PM

Maybe he doesn't give a [censored] what some guys on some forum think, takes the money and lives happy thereafter? That's what i would do...
Old 07-01-2005, 08:56 PM

Um, yeah. Only dignity doesn't begin and end with people on a poker forum. Pride has nothing to do with what other people think of you. Except in the case of swallowing one's pride, which Hellmuth seems to excel at. If I were in his position, I wouldn't do it because I'd feel like the most gigantic douche ever. Obviously, you're not concerned with something like feeling, personally, like a gigantic douche.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dislike Hellmuth's antics as much as anyone. I think it shows a great deal of immaturity and a lack of class. That being said, I can't really blame the guy for cashing in on his fame. How many of us here would act differently if given the chance to splash our face and name all over a bunch of products and make some jack in the process.

I've just defended Phil Hellmuth. This may be my last post. I'm sure my fingers will fall off soon. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Good luck all,

Fitz

[/ QUOTE ]

this guy got the official Phil Hellmuth WSOP underwear
Old 07-01-2005, 09:05 PM

Maybe he doesn't feel like a gigantic douche. Maybe he think's he should exploit his popularity just as his pokerskills to his personal advantage.
Where's the difference between crushing fish at a poker table and selling crap to some other fish? They like to play poker because it's fun, and they like to buy stuff because they like it. If one think's it's ok to get their money at the table, i don't see any problem taking their money in an online shop. He makes himself looking like an idiot at the table because he is getting an edge, so it's only consequent to look like one on chips, too (also i don't think that he sells more if he looks stupid on chips).
Or maybe i didn't understand your post [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 07-01-2005, 09:26 PM

If you can look at the pictures on those poker chips and not figure out why he might be expected to feel like a douche, than this argument is pretty much pointless. Selling your likeness to morons is one thing, but I would feel physically ill posing for those pictures. That's why I'd feel like a douche. I wouldn't mind if he was selling a quality product with just a touch of class. But this is just depressing.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:43 PM

Default Autumn Fizz

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe he doesn't feel like a gigantic douche.

[/ QUOTE ]

Helmuth Brand Feminine Douche
Fill Your Filthy Vagina with Phil Fluid

Though, that if he was going to endorse a line of products for "female problems," something for relieving PMS symptoms would be more appropriate.