Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2005, 07:00 AM

Default Re: I think someone\'s bot broke

[ QUOTE ]
As you'd guess, he was broke rather quickly: after about 100 hands. I was really surpised he lasted that long.
He folded about 3 times total, as his final VPIP was a whopping 97%.

It was impressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm wondering if it's as bad as the bot my friend programmed, which ended up folding every single hand, including AA twice before he knew it was messed up.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was up super late last Sat. night when I ran into a guy like that at a 5/10 full ring on Party. He was up 320BB after a few hours. He was unstoppable. Never EVER folded - flopped bottom pair, deuce and catch a 9 on the river for two pair. crazy lucky. Whole table went on tilt it seemed. I managed to not get screwed by him by playing ultra tight looking for sets and flushes mainly.

then he left and went to 30/60 and lost all our $$ in less than 20 min.

[/ QUOTE ]
I managed to not get screwed by him by playing ultra tight looking for sets and flushes mainly.

Seems like the wrong approach to tighten up if you want as much +EV as possible...
Old 07-01-2005, 09:25 AM

"I managed to not get screwed by him by playing ultra tight looking for sets and flushes mainly"

sounds like you DID indeed get screwed by him.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:05 PM

Richter --

I have seen the situation you describe more times in the last two months than I can recall or care to recount. I was seriously begining to doubt my sanity, wondering how many times I can go 0-50 while watching some person playing close to every hand score a two rack win and then immediately decide to go hand it out to nine undeserving people two limits up...in about fifteen minutes.

The biggest example was a guy I just had to follow up on...scores a two rack win at 2/4 after buying in for like $28.22...moves on to 100/9, 50/5, 50/5 SNGs, going out 9th, 10th, 10th. DUDE! Couldn't you have STAYED!?!?

All I know is I'm in the middle of a bit of a slide lately and I'd basically pee my pants for a two rack win right now. Just to see this from you makes me feel quite relieved, sort of like, "Okay, I'm not the only one seeing this stuff". Because I didn't used to see this stuff so extreme, so often.

"Your excuses are your own" -- Richard Roma