Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2005, 05:31 PM

Default Too Aggressive?

Odds wise, what are the chances that someone has an ace at a 0.5/1 limit hold'em table? And what if I choose to bet this flop, which is questionable, does my bet accomplish? Should I have slowed down on the river? Aces full, but some people play trip aces this way. He's only to going to cap me with aces full?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. UTG+1 posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (5.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 21.75 BB
Old 07-01-2005, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Too Aggressive?

If I were button, and I had AA or KK, I woulda 3 bet PF. From there, though, my play woulda been the same, smoothcall the flop (with the nuts), wake up on the turn. Once button pops you twice on the turn, I think slowing down was in order.
Old 07-01-2005, 05:47 PM

I'm more worried about AK, AJ, A8 on the river than quads or kings full.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:40 PM

Unfortunately, without a read, I am taking the same line as you and hope he made his straight on the turn, thus his wakeup. Or hope he only has trip aces and just wanted to "wake up" on the turn to not scare anyone out on the less expensive street.

Probably spew on the river but I just don't hit the concealed underfull very often and would try to maximize my winnings. If the villian actually had AK on the button and didn't reraise preflop, it'd only piss me off a little. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]