Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2005, 08:47 PM

Default How to get the most in with the worst of it by Tomahawk

Posted on request from Jeffage [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I'm playing HU on one table and a 8-handed 25-50 game on another. Might not be paying enough attention to the full game when this hand comes up.

Utg and utg+1 limps, folded to Jeffage in the CO who raises. I'm in the SB with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and threebet. Utg and Jeffage calls.

To the preflop story belongs the fact that I didn't notice the two limpers in the corner of my screen until I had pressed the reraise button. I don't really know what I'd do had I seen them, but I'm guessing prolly mucked it.

I don't know much about utg other than that he plays in the 1-2 game when it runs, and seems reasonable.

Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet, utg raises, Jeff threebets. I call? utg folds.

Turn 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check/call. I'm pretty sure I'm beat here, but I feel that I kinda commited to showdown when I called the flop, plus I have a gutshot and he might still have something like KQd here right?

River is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I hit my gutshot, bet out and MHIG.

How bad is this? Comments on all streets welcome.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:22 PM

Default Re: How to get the most in with the worst of it by Tomahawk

I think I would have just check called here. My thought being that if you are correct in your read and Jeff was on a flush draw, then your bet will get raised and you would have to lay the straight down or call the raise where you are probably beaten. Furthermore, if you do have Jeff beat (which is probable given the betting on the previous rounds) then Jeff was at best going to call your bet (more than likely Jeff would just fold). However, if you check you could induce the bluff and get that extra bet from Jeff. If on the off chance Jeff did hit his flush, then you will save yourself a bet, by check calling rather than betting and calling a raise.

ThreeBeers
Old 07-01-2005, 12:22 AM

Jeffage is rather more likely to have 88, AJ, or AK than the flush draw since he probably would not have 3-bet the flop, blowing Tomahawk away and hurting his odds.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:44 PM

I would just like to make the turn and river action clear. On the turn, Tomahawk checked, other guy checked, I bet and only Tomahawk called. On the river, he bet and I called. I just want to be clear I didn't overcall the end.
Thx for the post Tom, funny stuff.

Jeff