Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2005, 08:40 PM

Default AK makes TPTK on the flop meets resistance..

Turn/River what should i be doing? I have some opinions but i guess ill wait to see what the smarter ones among us say.

Reads:

Only been at the table 20 or so hands.. BB seems solid, MP3 is laggish and have seen him c/r turn with bottom pair, and bet flop/turn/river with unimproved overs.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (12.33 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, MP calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (12.16 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP calls, Hero calls.

River: (15.16 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP calls, Hero...

Final Pot: 18.16 BB

Edit: Added Reads.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:53 PM

Default Re: AK makes TPTK on the flop meets resistance..

Hero makes a sweet laydown to BB who has either a set, a straight, or a royal flush.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:56 PM

I'm reasonably confident that you're drawing dead on the turn.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:00 PM

Most disgusting turn card in the history of man. If you weren't beat on the flop you are then. Time to release this one back into the wild.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:08 PM

Turn looks good. BB has me completely confused with his check-call 2 cold-cap line on the flop. I'd guess hearts more than anything but I wouldn't be too surprised to see him with KJ. I would be surprised to see him with AQ, and it doesn't look like MP has AQ or hearts, and the pot is too big to fold at this point when you still have 7 outs vs KJ, even though maybe half the time you're drawing dead to a flush. I would definitely call the river, as now you have KJ beat, and I can't put anyone on a Q. It's more than likely that you've lost, but I don't think you're in terrible shape and in a 15BB pot it's easily worth a call.

Of course I'm also waiting to see what the smarter ones among us say, because I've only been playing 6 max for 2 days. My opinions could be completely wrong, so don't take this post as worth anything until someone who knows better can confirm.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:07 PM

If BB is not completely retarded and paying any attention to the action AT ALL, he knows you have at the very least top two. Yet he still bets the river...unless he's Clarkmeister and capable of trying to fold a better hand here, it's auto-muck time.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most disgusting turn card in the history of man. If you weren't beat on the flop you are then. Time to release this one back into the wild.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, afraid so. Unless these guys are complete nuts, it's time to split.
Old 07-01-2005, 02:21 AM

I'm folding the turn, you are drawing way to slim if not totally dead. The river is an aweful card because it convinces you should maybe call.

The BB flop line seems like a flush draw to me.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:49 AM

The only way I can see the BB (read was a solid player) calling 2 bets cold on the flop (after checking!) is with a set or flush draw. By the turn, I see him with one or the other and I'm outta here.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:51 AM

If BB is solid, what does his flop cold-call/cap tell you?