Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2005, 05:47 PM

Default anyone have success at party steps

Hi,
I've started playing the SNG's at Party and am doing pretty good. I wondered if any of you regular players crushing the smaller SNGs have had any succes at the steps at Party. The money seems good but wondered if the time to get there detered you.

Anyone?

Thanks,
Ex
Old 06-30-2005, 05:57 PM

Default Re: anyone have success at party steps

i figure i'm never going to lose my original buy-in at the mini-steps, as i can just fold into the top 5 at level 1. so i bought in, and won level one on my first try. haven't tried step 2 yet. but assuming that i can fold into the top 5 every time i'm sent back to level 1, am i right to assume that, over a long enough timeline i will win money at step 5?
Old 06-30-2005, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i figure i'm never going to lose my original buy-in at the mini-steps, as i can just fold into the top 5 at level 1. so i bought in, and won level one on my first try. haven't tried step 2 yet. but assuming that i can fold into the top 5 every time i'm sent back to level 1, am i right to assume that, over a long enough timeline i will win money at step 5?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even have to think about this to say your logic is severely flawed.
Old 06-30-2005, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,
I've started playing the SNG's at Party and am doing pretty good. I wondered if any of you regular players crushing the smaller SNGs have had any succes at the steps at Party. The money seems good but wondered if the time to get there detered you.

Anyone?

Thanks,
Ex

[/ QUOTE ]

I busted out 3rd in Step 5 of the mini steps and haven't gotten past Step 4 in regular steps. They are very, very soft, but with that many hands, bad beats can destroy you.

BTW, SNGs are far more lucrative. I invested about 20 buy ins before I got to level 5 in the mini STT
Old 06-30-2005, 07:34 PM

you ahvent gotten any useful responses because you havent posted any useful info about yerself. what lvl have u been palying. how many have u played. whats yer roll? holla
Old 06-30-2005, 07:57 PM

There have been several recent posts here by people who have made their way up to a Step 5 and then played poorly because they were scared money playing over of their bankroll.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:12 PM

For the fun I tried some play in the mini-step5. It is an incredibly boring method and you have to do it at the good times.
I do not play any hand until we are in the rebuy price. If I have AA, I fold
The once ministep5 I lost was because I cracked to my rule and played the straight I floped while I was BB. I raised ALL-IN, 2 crazy call, and lost to a flush.
else from 5 buy-in after some few games, I get 4 mini-step2.
I was a little lucky to get quickly theses 4 first places, only to say it's really boring but it works.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:20 PM

I have been playing mostly Limit recently and played the SNG's off and on. But now I'm going to play SNG's on a regular basis. I play only the Party $6 SNGs atm and have 39% ROI from PT so far but I have a very small sample size so far. I have gotten to Ministep 3 so far but havent yet given it a full go.

So based of that info(which isnt much). I'm generally seeing if people are making bucks at them or just sticking to the regular SNG's

Thanks,
Ex
Old 06-30-2005, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I have AA, I fold

[/ QUOTE ]
if u can't see the value of atleast pushing AA you don't deserve to win at poker
Old 06-30-2005, 09:11 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I have AA, I fold

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if u can't see the value of atleast pushing AA you don't deserve to win at poker

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a funny clown. Explain me what is the value ? please [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]