Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2005, 04:16 PM

Default need help with hand

UTG is LPP UTG+1 is LPA

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (4.33 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (4.16 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Button folds.

River: (7.16 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, hero????

was i correct to check the river? amd should I call the river after it has been raised and reraised?
Old 06-30-2005, 04:31 PM

Default Re: need help with hand

Check-and-seeing the river is probably fine against two players. You can't call 2 bets cold with the 3rd nut flush on a paired board.
Old 06-30-2005, 04:46 PM

Very tough call, the pot isn't gigantic..

Either play would be fine, but I think you're dead here most of the time.

Let's say you win 10% of the time (9:1).. You're only getting 5:1 pot odds to call this bet.

That 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] was the worst possible card to come off the deck. Fold.. It just ain't worth it.
Old 06-30-2005, 04:48 PM

checking the river is a significant mistake.
Old 06-30-2005, 05:52 PM

maybe I'm just being results oriented but now that I think of it I probably should have bet the river. The 9 making a full house is unlikely seeing as nobody had been aggresive on the flop or turn. And I guess many party players would call on that board with a lot less than the 3rd nut flush. What ended up happening was utg bet his trip 9's and the utg+1 raised with a 7 high flush. I folded.
Old 06-30-2005, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
maybe I'm just being results oriented but now that I think of it I probably should have bet the river. The 9 making a full house is unlikely seeing as nobody had been aggresive on the flop or turn. And I guess many party players would call on that board with a lot less than the 3rd nut flush. What ended up happening was utg bet his trip 9's and the utg+1 raised with a 7 high flush. I folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice accidental use of 'when your hand cannot take overcalls' by utg+1 there