Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2005, 07:01 AM

Default QQ hand were i was lost.

I had no read on the BB but Co was somewhat LP-A.
What could i do here differently?
On the turn i got the odds to draw.
But on the flop give him credit for the Ace?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (10.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB

Tx all
Old 06-30-2005, 07:05 AM

Default Re: QQ hand were i was lost.

i think you played the hand fine up until the river...

he coldcalled your raise, so it should mean something

if you saw him make some type of play like betting the river with middle pair or worse, i see no problem with calling.

however you now lose to a J also, so if you have not seen him out of line, you can fold.

i think the river is the only part that is debatable
Old 06-30-2005, 07:25 AM

hm but i got 1-10 pot odds.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:03 AM

I'm no expert but CO is LP-A, and he calls after your raise and, raises your flop bet on a pretty drawless board. I'm putting him on an ace or a set.

How are you getting the odds to call on the turn? Do you consider your queen outs to be good?

I would probably fold this to hes raise on the flop, is that too tight?
Old 06-30-2005, 08:12 AM

It depends on how aggressive the guy is, and the PT number isn't good enough to know that. Most people aren't messing around against the PFR when the ace flops, that is, their raise means ace or set, but then there are those that always mess around, and there are those that put you on the big ace when rags hit and the big pair when the ace hits. You need to know your guy, which I realize is hard to do.
In a 6 max game I call down but in a full game that's not really that aggressive like 2/4 especially on a drawless board I found I started winning more when I just folded these. Oh yeah, and the BB cold called on the flop. If the raiser doesn't have it, the BB often will. Easy fold.