Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2005, 03:55 AM

Default Re: Calm down newbies...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Clarkmeister actually responded to one of my complaints about this a while back. He said he thought the more threads he responded too the better it was for the forum. I disagree. Instead of seeing 20 "standard" responses. I would rather see (1) well thought out essay response leading us through the thought process of an expert player

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know you that well, so I can't really make a comment on how well you play, but if you truly believe this you are almost certainly doing yourself a disservice. You seem to be well aware that short responses are a trend amongst many of the great posters on 2+2 (Astro, Clark, James, etc.). Do you really think that all these guys are just too lazy to tell you what they're thinking? Do you think they got as good as they are by being lazy? No and no.

They all realize that there is way more value to anyone reading their posts if they keep their answers short and leave the rationalizing to the reader. This isn't like you're just learning to play poker and need to be spoon fed the basics (for those people we have some wonderful features on this site such as the Micro forum and the Begenners forum); if you're reading posts by the people that do this (at least the ones that do it for valid reasons) then you should already have a grasp on the basic concepts and be able to expand on them with a little prodding.

If you honestly don't like that these guys post like that then I'd say there's a fair chance that you're just not ready to read those posts, which is fine, but it is not the fault of the posters/posts. I've spent a lot of time talking to James282 and once in a while something he says to me just makes no sense at all. 100% of the time I eventually realize that I wasn't ready to do whatever he was saying at the time. However many days/weeks/months later I figure out what he was talking about I am better off for it. Had he decided to be really "helpful" and explain exactly what he meant and how to apply what he was saying I would have ended up trying to do things I wasn't ready for and wasted a lot of money.

Basically what I'm saying is that you have to crawl before you can walk. The types of 'bad' posts that you are talking about are poker's equivalent of walking, if you will. It's fine that you don't prefer that method of teaching, there were/are times that I feel the same way. But please be fair to those you are criticizing and realize that the shortcoming is your own.

[/ QUOTE ]

STFU NoOB.

Catch-