Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2005, 12:56 AM

Default The worst i\'ve seen

I've seen much worse. Such as a gentleman with pocket 2's leading the River after the board made 2-pair, getting called, then raised, and then calling with the worst hand possible. Tragically, both his opponents didn't also have pocket 2's, so he didn't get a split pot he was hoping for.

That was fantastic. Sadly, i don't see him around anymore.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:05 AM

Default Re: Maybe the worst bet I\'ve ever seen

The AA play was OK.. not normal, but you have to mix it up every once and again he boy did he ever!!! You would have never put him on AA, and if the other guy was not in it, may have busted you (what would you have done if MP2 folded?).. The big question you should be asking is my the other moron put in an additional 600 w/ K8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] which is a pretty weak call that happened to pay big time for him! Happens all the time even if you played it correctly... gotta just move on and be happy you did the correct thing by laying down.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:17 AM

I tried to fix my OP to say "can he play the flop any worse" but didn't get to it in time.

No quarrel with the flat call pre-flop from the button, however the raise all in on the flop has to be incredibly EV- vs calling, not because he got called by the K but because of all the hands he blows out that might give otherwise give him action(times 2.) Geeze he effectively has the mortal nuts and there is only one card that can come that even has the potential to hurt him, what's the hurry?
Old 06-30-2005, 01:22 AM

But the big overbet would also look to a pocket pair likes he's trying to steal the pot and he could get callers. Hey, it's not great, but it's not terrible either. Certainly not the worst play I've ever seen. Not even in the top 1,000.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:33 AM

OK you win, it's the worst bet with the nuts I've seen tonite.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:51 AM

Default Re: The worst i\'ve seen

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen much worse. Such as a gentleman with pocket 2's leading the River after the board made 2-pair, getting called, then raised, and then calling with the worst hand possible. Tragically, both his opponents didn't also have pocket 2's, so he didn't get a split pot he was hoping for.

That was fantastic. Sadly, i don't see him around anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

I once saw a 4-way pot to the river. The board had (no joke) a diamond royal flush. First guy goes all in, next 2 guys instantly call. The fourth guy thinks for a long time, then folds! That has got to be the all time worst play EVER! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-30-2005, 02:17 AM

Default Re: The worst i\'ve seen

[ QUOTE ]

I once saw a 4-way pot to the river. The board had (no joke) a diamond royal flush. First guy goes all in, next 2 guys instantly call. The fourth guy thinks for a long time, then folds! That has got to be the all time worst play EVER! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone just posted the same situation last week.. I got a good laugh. I'm too lazy right now to find the post and my appologies if it was you [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-30-2005, 10:42 AM

I see what you mean Double Eagle, I blow my stack here with AA as well, but I play it in a way that allows you to blow most of yours also!