Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2005, 09:56 PM

Default JJ hand on .5/1

Villian is a LAG
Can i get some comments on how I played JJ on all streets? Did I play it correctly?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

River: (9.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB
Old 06-29-2005, 10:05 PM

Default Re: JJ hand on .5/1

To my mind, NH. If you lost money, I think you lost the least amount that you could have. If the 4 is out there, he should have c/red the turn, and if the flush is out there, he should have bet the river, to my mind.

-Alpha
Old 06-29-2005, 10:17 PM

I would play it the same except that I would check behind on the river. I know that your opponents are really loose but in this case the Ace and the King really make it hard for your opponent to call a bet with a 2nd best hand. Also, someone could be planning to check raise you after completing his backdoor flush draw.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:34 PM

Looks reasonable to me. As long as your opponents are checking through the Ace and King, I guess you could keep betting although I'm getting a little concerned about what Villian is calling all your bets with. I might have checked the River, because some opponents will check a King or a weak Ace in this hand.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:39 PM

check river - the rest is good.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:00 PM

I dunno about checking behind on the river

I think people call down with any pair on the flop here often enough to make it a +EV bet. If the games were tougher I'd agree with checking behind, but .5/1 is not that game. Bet for value until someone tells you they have a better hand.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:07 PM

Posting without reading any other replies, I check behind on the river. I can't think of any hand that will call you that you have beat (maybe I am over-estimating the competition.) I also don't think you will get a better hand to fold.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:18 AM

*grunching*
A close call for me, but I'd check behind on the river. Seems unlikely a worse hand will pay you off and you're opening yourself up to a checkraise. I'm putting UTG on an A or K (probably a K? afraid of your potential straight or flush). Now, since you DID bet the river, what would you have done if you were checkraised?