Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2005, 01:03 AM

Default Two PP hands

Hand 1:

Button was running at 30/15 and playing fairly straightforward, just too loose and a bit too passive.

UTG and SB are 50+ vpip LP's after a few orbits.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $5.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, UTG calls.

River: (12 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 12 BB

-----------------------------------------

Hand 2:

BB has been playing tight and a bit weak. He hasn't show much aggression pre or post flop. in one hand, he open limped KJo UTG. 3 to the flop. I was in the BB and bet my 87 on the flop and turn of a K8xx board. when i checked the river, he checked behind.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks.

I intended to fold to a turn bet.

River: (3 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks....

I will call a bet, hoping I induced a bluff from a missed draw.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:02 AM

Default Re: Two PP hands

posting blind.

Hand 1

I bet the flop.

I def bet the turn.

I bet the river too.

Hand 2

Bet the turn. Because he is so passive, you can fold to a raise pretty easy. I don't bet the river, but not to induce a bluff (which won't happen), but because he might check through a better hand. I might bet if I think he'll call with 22 or ace high.

Krishan
Old 06-29-2005, 01:00 PM

Hand 1: Bet the flop and give the button an opportunity to raise overcards and drive people out that he probably won't be able to pass up.

Hand 2: Bet the turn and make him pay if he has one of the many draws out on the board. Check-call the river is fine after that, especially if he's prone to checking behind with a pair.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:08 PM

if i bet the flop in hand 1 and get raised, what should my turn/river plans be?

check-call the turn and check-fold the river if he bets again? or bet-call the turn and then check-fold the river?
Old 06-29-2005, 04:42 PM

Assuming its heads up on the turn, I would check-call since I think even if you bet he's not laying much down. On the river, I like a bet/fold so he's not checking down good A-high's.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:07 PM

if you bet the river (after check calling the turn) do you really think he calls this often enough with a worse hand?

If you bet the flop and get raised i'd lead the turn and call a raise then fold unimproved on the river.