Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2005, 04:31 PM

Default Does that really occur often at Party 15/30?

The most of the time I still play small stakes holdem, but from time to time I take a try at higher limits. Yesterday (in the afternoon!!) I played about 200 games at 15/30 Party Poker, and I've seen the guys limping with A6, 64, K3.... and other fine hands.

But these two games made me think, that 15/30 is much more looser than -,50/1 at Partypoker:

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.66 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (3.83 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (5.83 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 7.83 BB

Results below:
Hero has Qh Qd (full house, queens full of kings).
CO has Qc 9h (two pair, kings and queens).
Outcome: Hero wins 7.83 BB.

and:

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.66 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.33 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (6.33 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.33 BB

Results below:
Hero has Qc Ah (one pair, aces).
Button has 2c 2d (a straight, ace to five).
Outcome: Button wins 10.33 BB.

I never thought that such fish like these are playing at 15/30.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:54 PM

Default Re: Does that really occur often at Party 15/30?

How about your decision to bet QQ in a 4BB on an AKK9 board after being coldcalled preflop and called on the flop, or paying off a river raise from a loose-passive opponent with one pair on a 3-flush, 4-straight board?

Don't get too excited. .50/1 is definitely easier than 15/30.

-Eric
Old 06-29-2005, 05:16 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In Antwort auf:</font><hr />
How about your decision to bet QQ in a 4BB on an AKK9 board after being coldcalled preflop and called on the flop, or paying off a river raise from a loose-passive opponent with one pair on a 3-flush, 4-straight board?

Don't get too excited. .50/1 is definitely easier than 15/30.

-Eric

[/ QUOTE ]

You are definitely right about that, and that was also a reason I posted these hands.

At this time I already had reads on these two opps. As the queen came on the first one, I although thought, I've now hit my two-outer, but to my suprise he has called me with Q9 down to the river. On the second, I think I had to call course the pot was to large and... this opponent didn't play it passive and has done a lot of bluffing and raising with bad hands.

But my point is: CO called a raise with Q9 and a bet on the flop AKK and at the second - he called a raise with 22 against a UTG-raiser and called it down only to hit his backdoor-straight on the river, although there are 3 spades on the flop, and he didn't even have the 2s. You can tell me that I played these heads up games bad, but you can't tell me, that these opps were not extremly insane.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:16 PM

People adapt to your play much more at 15/30 than at 0.5/1. Without knowing how you play, its hard to know whether their play was correct or not.