Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2005, 04:44 AM

Default Re: 8th for Hellmuth

[ QUOTE ]
lmao.....NO WAY can anyone in the planet lay down pocket Kings preflop unless there are like 9 guys all in preflop with him on the button...

no chance can you fold 2nd set on the flop..forget it

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil H. has folded KK 3 times in his career, i think

Phil Gordon folded KK in the 2001 WSOP when it was down to 2 tables....Mike Matusow raised it UTG, Gordon reraised w/ KK in MP, then Hellmuth moved in over the top in LP w/ AA....Matusow mucked QQ, Gordon thought for 2 minutes then mucked KK...Hellmuth asked him if he folded AQ, Gordon said "no, KK". Hellmuth called BS, Gordon reached into the muck and grabbed his KK, Hellmuth went ballistic and whined that he had AA v. KK and QQ and only won 120K on the hand.

good story eh?
Old 06-29-2005, 05:57 AM

If I'm not mistaken, Phil Hellmuth was dealt AKQQ vs. KK55 on a KQX flop. He's just going to lose a LOT of chips here, nothing more can be done, especially since he probably thought he had some "king protection."
Old 06-29-2005, 08:53 AM

I thought Phil could make laydowns nobody else could make...he should have been able to get away from that
Old 06-29-2005, 11:19 AM

I was at the table behind phil when he made his "laydown" last year. I am not sure if it was fully on ESPN, but it went like this:

Someone makes a small raise, another person calls, and he calls with what is apparantly KK. Flop comes rags. Preflop raiser leads, other guy folds, and he says, "I have only layed this hand down a few times...." Which is worse, his preflop play or his postflop play?