Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2005, 07:22 AM

Default Top Two

Online 100/200, 6-handed.

UTG raises. UTG is probably a break even who could win more if he didn't try to make moves quite as often. Like most players in this game, he's aggressive but occasionally not smart-aggressive.

I 3-bet UTG+1 with Ah Qd.

CO caps. CO is a solid winner in this game who's main flaw, if there is one, is he's sometimes too aggro both pre and postflop. He's capable of trickiness postflop too, and overall very tough postflop (albeit aggressive).

Three to flop of Ac Qc 4c.

Check, I bet, CO raises, UTG cold calls, I call.

Turn 6h. UTG checks, I bet, both call.

River Jd. UTG checks, I bet, CO raises, UTG folds. I...? And what about the other streets?
Old 06-29-2005, 07:32 AM

Default Re: Top Two

Why not 3bet the flopp? I think this ones is pretty player dependant but JJ with Jc is my first thought. Could he capp AJ preflop?
Old 06-29-2005, 07:45 AM

I don't get the flop and turn combination line. I'm not understanding why you arent trying to get as much money as you can in on the flop, if you are too scared of a freecard play on the turn to try for a checkraise. I think you need to get more in with a hand this good.

Now as for the river, JJc definately looks far and away the most likely hand here. I dont think he would cap AJ 6handed, but Im not sure. I also have a hard time putting him on a flopped set since I think him not raising the turn after CO's coldcall is horrible here. So yeah, looks like JJ, but since you said he is tricky, he could also very well be raising KKc or maybe even TTc (doubtful) here. So you have to call.

-Mike
Old 06-29-2005, 07:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get the flop and turn combination line. I'm not understanding why you arent trying to get as much money as you can in on the flop, if you are too scared of a freecard play on the turn to try for a checkraise. I think you need to get more in with a hand this good.

Now as for the river, JJc definately looks far and away the most likely hand here. I dont think he would cap AJ 6handed, but Im not sure. I also have a hard time putting him on a flopped set since I think him not raising the turn after CO's coldcall is horrible here. So yeah, looks like JJ, but since you said he is tricky, he could also very well be raising KKc or maybe even TTc (doubtful) here. So you have to call.

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

don't forget AxKc in his hands, but pretty much right with what I was going to type.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:59 AM

I thought about AKc, but I thought against a PF 3better AKc is going to want to see a showdown for cheap on this board, especially after the jack comes off. Probably about as likely as TTc IMO.

-Mike
Old 06-29-2005, 08:39 AM

Would CO play AKc this way? I doubt it. IMO he either has a set or the flush. I just cant see him having anything here that you beat, except maybe AJs. If you 3-bet, I think he only calls with a hand you lose to and will likely cap. I call.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

don't forget AxKc in his hands, but pretty much right with what I was going to type.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why raise the flop here with the nut flush draw and TPTK?
Old 06-29-2005, 09:07 AM

When you just called the flop raise I assumed you were going to go for a c/r on the turn (not what I would do, but ok). But just calling the flop raise and then betting the turn just doesn't make sense to me. Please explain.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:12 AM

I like your preflop, flop and turn play. On the end, call the raise. He either has a flush or set, or he doesn't. One more bet to find out. Simple advice I know, but the river is a simple question.

Jeff
Old 06-29-2005, 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When you just called the flop raise I assumed you were going to go for a c/r on the turn (not what I would do, but ok). But just calling the flop raise and then betting the turn just doesn't make sense to me. Please explain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cannot let a hand like KK [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] get a free card.