Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2005, 11:11 PM

Default A3s

The table was playing pretty loose. The main villian in this hand is loose preflop and likes to slowplay his better hands after the flop. What do you think about this hand? All comments appreciated, thanks alot guys.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (4 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 6 BB
Old 06-28-2005, 11:22 PM

Default Re: A3s

looks good
Old 06-28-2005, 11:24 PM

I have a question about the river, should I have called the bet there? He could of bluffed the ace putting me on a king since I bet the flop, or he could of had a king and thought I had nothing when I checked the turn. What do you think?
Old 06-28-2005, 11:44 PM

absolutely do not fold the river here. People will bet lots of worse hands, especially because you checked the turn. You are easily good here 1:5 imho.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:50 PM

i think he meant call or raise the river? id just call here cuz if u raise ull most likely get called by a better kicker.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:01 AM

right. I call because getting 3-bet sucks.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:00 AM

Personally I don't think this is a good hand to play. You have major kicker problems, are out of position, and I think the chance of catching the flush is 'diminished' by position and overall card strength.
Just my opinion though, and I welcome hearing other thoughts.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally I don't think this is a good hand to play. You have major kicker problems, are out of position, and I think the chance of catching the flush is 'diminished' by position and overall card strength.

[/ QUOTE ]

After two limpers, Axs is an easy play. If villains behind you call then you've got a superb multi-way hand in a multi-way pot. If villains behind you fold, then it's good because your position improves. You win no matter what happens.

Your kicker worries are overrated because most of the time villains in front of you don't have an ace. This becomes more true as villains get looser.

You get really rich off flushes, plus you stand to make a little more when you hit your ace and it's best. But most of your money (by far) comes from the flush in this multi-way pot.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:44 AM

Good hand. Axs is perfectly fine to play at a loose table. No folding that river. Even though your kicker's not going to play, BB doesn't have to have an ace. He could have a busted flush draw like you (maybe with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) or who knows what else.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You may need to add a hand or two to your opening arsenal. SSH Page 82 for loose games. Miller even says to play this against no raise from MP in a tight game.

As long as you don't go crazy with the "high card strength" and know that the power of the hand is it's flush possibility, you can avoid getting yourself in trouble.

This hand was a tutorial on how to play Axs from MP.

I would guess the BB paired his 7 or his 2 on the flop and thought you were weak with your free card play on the turn so he bet out on the river.

Well played hand, IMO.