Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2005, 06:53 PM

Default Re: Hypothetical Las Vegas Stripper Problem

No.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Chris, Vegas is a hard town to meet people. I have the same problems as you minus the strippers. So it gets worse. The local bars out here suck because there is so many of them and with no closing time there is no accuarate way to anticipate a busy time. I lived in a college town from 18-25 and had it so easy that now im not sure how to meet people either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cpitt,

This has been the hardest part for me, like I said I dropped school to play poker, so the transition from a college community to Vegas has been difficult at times.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:56 PM

Somehow just jumping ship from Vegas to Amsterdam doesn't seem like the easiest thing in the world. Did I mention I'm in Vegas to play poker?

Anyway, how do I find a friggan soccer club. I suppose I'm going to be directed to g00gle?
Old 06-28-2005, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Deja Vu is my favorite here, in fact every stripper I've dated works or worked there.

[/ QUOTE ]

how does the talent at Deja Vu compare to Spearmint Rhino or Crazy Horse Too?
Old 06-28-2005, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you had met a couple of strippers, but never really went past a couple dinner dates with any one in particular, and were getting a bit tired of the issues with dating strippers, what would you do to try to find other women?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask the strippers to set you up with one of their friends.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[censored], I'm going to have to run around and stuff? That would be really good for me, to like run around again, but damn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me, man. This is a great way to not only meet hot chicks, but just to meet cool people in general. And cool people generally know other cool people.

[ QUOTE ]
A large percentage of the hot girls at UNLV are also strippers. Is that statement accurate masked man or do you still disagree?

[/ QUOTE ]

Incorrect, still disagree.

[ QUOTE ]
Do I really have to say stripper/cocktail waitress?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Many well-adjusted hot chicks are cocktail waitresses. By and large, strippers are really screwed up chicks (who have been abused the vast majority of time) and those who are students rarely remain students.

Of course, the "stripper working her way through school" does exist, it's just super rare. A friend of mine stripped her way through grad school and now has a great job in the medical industry. She's by far the exception though, by a long, long, long shot. And she has more than her fair share of issues, again, by a mile.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, how do I find a friggan soccer club. I suppose I'm going to be directed to g00gle?

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. Yes, Google. But google for las vegas indoor soccer. That is a cool, fun league.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:59 PM

Le Diablo, (sorry I'm french)

I never made the claim that strippers don't come with enormous emotional baggage. In fact that is basically number 1 on my list of why I am tiring of associating with them.

You of course didn't contradict yourself but you nearly did. You are correct that all of the students who enter stripping will not remain students. However, as I've said before, I have been meeting strippers primarily in the 18-20 range. They are at least claiming to still be students. (If we have to get ridiculously technically, no I cannot be 100% certain they weren't all lieing to me, but one of them would have had to buy a fake student id and make up stories about her professors coming in to get dances just for the sake of yanking my chain)

Anyway, thanks for the club sport type activity idea. Would I be able to walk before I run and just join a local gym? Right now I just work out at my appartment. Is the gym fee worth it for meeting people? I'm obviously thinking that the gym will just be full of meatheads, true/false?
Old 06-29-2005, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Le Diablo, (sorry I'm french)

[/ QUOTE ]

That's probably your main problem, and unfortunately, unsolvable.

[ QUOTE ]
They are at least claiming to still be students.

[/ QUOTE ]

Claiming. Good word choice.

[ QUOTE ]
Would I be able to walk before I run and just join a local gym?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the problem is it's sometimes sort of awkward to talk to people at a gym until you become a regular there. However, if you take classes there (yoga, spinning, boxing, etc.) that makes it easier. The benefit of leagues is that, boom, you're on a team and insta-friends.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm obviously thinking that the gym will just be full of meatheads, true/false?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah. One cool thing about gyms in a place like Vegas for a poker player is that you can go at crazy random hours and meet all sorts of random interesting people with non-standard hours.