Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2005, 06:46 PM

Default Re: rebuilding phase help me plan

I really dislike using anything but bankroll to decide when to move up. My approach to keeping my game in shape while still earning max $ is to 4-table at the appropriate level (all 22's right now, though I like the idea of mixing levels among the 4 tables to get the exact "buy-in" you want) while occasionally (once every few days) moving up to the 33's to single-table. I study the transcripts from the 33's and use them to analyze my game. The problem with ROI/ITM goals is that even if you fall below that 30% ROI goal at the 11's, you'll have the bankroll to move up to the 22's, and probably be tempted to do just that. Might as well just plan it that way.

SlimP
Old 06-28-2005, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no one will respond to this due to your jackass approach to asking the question. No one gives a flying [censored] about how you turned 50 into 500K.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lighten up Frances. Who named you forum police for the week.

Sam, I think Slim's advice is very sound. If you are comfortable one tabling, do so but you'll be doing it for a while. How long? I have no idea. I've recently switched over and am playing the 11s. With focus, single tabling could provide you with some awesome stats. 2 tabling isn't that much different as you are aware. If you want- you could start off singling, move to staggered starts (crank up a new one when you're on the bubble with the first) or do them in sets.

I really think this is more of a confidence problem and whatever gets you back on track is exactly what you should do.

To paraphrase Slim though, I'd stick to BR guidelines for moving up and down.

Gtr
Old 06-28-2005, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
started in April with $50 and have earned approx $3000.00...

[/ QUOTE ]

hats off to you man
Old 06-28-2005, 08:12 PM

If you lost $2700 at the $22s, you shouldn't be worrying about how to decide what limit to play - you should fix whatever major leaks you have. 120 buyin downswings just don't happen at the $22s...it's likely you have some major, major problems with your game. I'd carefully review all your HHs, find some poster who's willing to look at entire tournies for you, and post a lot of hands here.

As far as moving up, go with what Slim said. ROI and ITM stats aren't that great for deciding when to move up, really. If you've got the roll and confidence to play higher, go for it.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:06 PM

oops! No I cashed out most of my winnings but did have a $700 downswing
Old 06-28-2005, 10:19 PM

no one will respond to this due to your jackass approach to asking the question. No one gives a flying [censored] about how you turned 50 into 500K.

Ever hear of anger management? Look into it.