Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2005, 06:00 PM

Default Re: I Found Moneymaker!!!

[ QUOTE ]

does Moneymaker have a similar deal with Stars? If he does I haven't heard about it. If he doesn't then why not?

Just curious I suppose.

[/ QUOTE ]

No idea if he was approached with that same deal, but after his win I remember Moneymaker flat out saying he didn't want to be a poker pro. Guy just wanted to be an accountant and chill with his family. Wonder how he felt about that decision after the divorce? Who knows..
Old 06-28-2005, 06:30 PM

What a bad signature.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:32 PM

That's what he said but he very obviously changed his mind shortly thereafter.
I don't think he was an accountant for very long after his victory.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:47 PM

Who did he have a child with?
Old 06-28-2005, 07:02 PM

Rumour has it that WSOP has scouting agents in the backwoods of America looking for the next moneymaker. Moneymaker invigorated the game so much that the networks have demanded a nobody with a funky name from the backwoods win this year's WSOP. Having taken a look at the creator of this thread (the hairy bear standing next to the blonde bombshell) I have to conclude that he is being recruited right now by WSOP agents.

Congrats! We have found 2005 WSOP champion right here on TwoPlusTwo!
Old 06-28-2005, 07:03 PM

I can be too drunk to walk but can buy booze at the drive-thru. I love it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

(Please don't be MADD at me)
Old 06-28-2005, 07:21 PM

I would be pretty excited about this prospect if I was 21, maybe they will recruit me for 2006 though. The WSOP is rigged!
Old 07-02-2005, 02:49 PM

Well, I personally feel bad for the guy, and I'll tell you why. Because he's representing Canadian Club whiskey. Up here, it's not that great. In fact, in most places I frequent it's the "house whiskey", meaning it's cheap and they keep it on tap. Now, if he was representing Crown Royal, that'd be something!
Old 07-02-2005, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They don't sell whiskey in Winn Dixie's elsewhere? This is Louisiana, we are all drinkers(notice the LSU paraphernalia).

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know of any states (until now) where hard liquor was sold at a grocery store. All the west coast states sell beer and wine at grocery stores. But hard stuff is sold at designated liquor stores. In Massachusetts, no alcoholic beverage (including beer and wine) are sold anywhere but a liquor store, and only during certain hours (and not Sunday).

BTW, is it true that in LA, they have drive up windows, where you can order a margarita to go? (I heard this the other day, and thought it might be an exaggeration).

[/ QUOTE ]

In Tennessee you can buy beer at any grocery store, but must buy liquour at a "liquor" store. In Michigan, however, they have a liquor aisle in the supermarket, which when we turned the corner in the Meyer's grocery really threw me off...imagine...

"yeah the bread is right on this....{looks at rows and rows of gleaming liquor}....nevermind."
Old 07-07-2005, 03:34 AM

moneymaker's ex wife Is NOT a superCunt! She did NOT divorce to get half of his money. He played and he paid. To bad it was a cocktail waitress he played with and married. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Now the record is straight [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]Check into new wife's pockets? eh? Find a sneaking snake there. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]