Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2005, 02:12 PM

Default Re: 2/5 NL MGM hand, huge pot

are you ever planning on explaining your rationale behind the flop play...you say you were "suspicious," which i guess implies that you thought villian had QQ. but wtf?? so your plan is to catch quad jacks? if your plan is to see a cheap showdown, you need to rethink this hand...and why did you bet the turn then? for information? if it's for information...then wtf??? shouldnt you fold?? oh god i'm so confused...
Old 06-28-2005, 03:17 PM

Let me be the first to say that your flop play was very bad.
Old 06-28-2005, 03:36 PM

I didn't lay this hand out very well, sorry. let me flesh it out more for everyone.

My flop play is horrible, no doubt. I felt I was ahead of villain 1, and that villain 2 was probably drawing pretty thin here ( he would chase this with as little as one spade, and a pair without draws as well) So I was going to clobber them on the turn.

This was stupid, I agree. So stupid that I won't hold it against anyone who piles on and and lets me know again and again just how stupid it was.....

Meanwhile, though, I had to grit my teeth and reconsider where I stood after the turn card.

The board was now JQ39, two spades. She (V1) is fairly well drooling as she goes all in, and he (V2) uncharacteristically called with only a few seconds' hesitation. This had often meant he'd hit his hand...

Do I now lay this down?
Old 06-28-2005, 04:41 PM

I call this everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:43 PM

Your Probably beat 50% of the time, people are defiently drawing if not.....You played this hand horrible on the flop, you should of raised the flop. I still call though
Old 06-28-2005, 05:42 PM

I called.

V1 showed QQ for top set.
V2 showed KT for turned straight.

She played her QQ strangely, it was tough to put her on that. 33 made more sense. I suppose my bad flop play made no difference in the end. I was destined to get buried here.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:50 PM

thats a really bad way to look at this hand...you played it horribly, don't look at it from a result-oriented perspective. at least learn from it...

"I suppose my bad flop play made no difference in the end. I was destined to get buried here."

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-28-2005, 06:09 PM

i agree with the above poster that your flop bet and call stunk. you played this flop extremely poorly. had you played this flop better, i dont think you would be in this problem.

lead the flop for more than 35 into a 100 pot. that bet you made is a joke. lead for what you would with AA. i think a 75$ to 100$ lead is good. when you get raised and the chaser calls in between you and the min raiser, push.

i dont care how excited one of those villians seems on the flop, they could easily be going super happy over any set and i think a set of 3's is a lot more probable here.