Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2005, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Winning Low-Limit Hold\'em Third Edition by Lee Jones

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Liz

Amazon is already listing the book. There was a link posted earlier in the thread, here it is http://tinyurl.com/adrr7 . For some reason you just cant get it to show up in a search.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? If you seach under Books for Lee Jones, the third edition is the second book listed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, as of last night, the book still wasn't showing up in when i searched for it.

If you look in the post by playersare it says the exact same thing.
Old 07-01-2005, 02:04 PM

We've been fighting a war of attrition with Amazon over listing the book. I don't understand all the details (Chuck is fighting - I'm just rooting for him [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]).

I just checked this morning and searching for "Lee Jones" does bring the third edition up (that, sadly, is a recent improvement).

Whether the 2nd or 3rd edition lists first is still up for grabs depending on how you search. They have a whole team of people who develop and maintain their "search" algorithm (says a friend who works there). It seems to think that because the second edition has sold more than the third edition (er, duh), it should be listed first.

I suggested that a brief calculus refresher (consider "volume" vs. "volume per unit time") might be in order.

But I think things have improved some, and I trust that they will improve further over the coming months.

Regards, Lee
Old 07-01-2005, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They have a whole team of people who develop and maintain their "search" algorithm (says a friend who works there).

[/ QUOTE ]
Amazon search has it's problems, but it's better than the one at my university library. Sometimes I have to search/find the book on Amazon and only then, knowing the exact title or ISBN, can I find it in my library online catalog.
Old 07-01-2005, 04:31 PM

I ordered from walmart.com. Was cheap and got here fast.