Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2005, 02:33 AM

Default A Few Confusing Hands

I'd appreciate any comments on these hands on all streets. I had no particular reads on anybody at these points, unfortunately.

------------------------------

Hand 1:

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (16 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 19 BB

Hand 2:

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

Hand 3:

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (2.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Turn: (2.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

River: (4.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5.25 BB

Thanks, guys!
Old 06-28-2005, 02:39 AM

Default Re: A Few Confusing Hands

In hand 3 I would just bet-bet-bet or at least check/call the river.

Hand 2 isn't bad except the flop bet is iffy. I tend to check and see.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:40 AM

Hand 1: cap the flop. The turn gets alot less ugly when you do that, but I'm gonna see a showdown pretty often here.

I don't really like the river over-call. If you've got any sort of decent read on MP you can probably fold here. Readless I'll call and not like it.

Hand 2: Don't lead that flop. You've got 2nd Pair with a weak kicker and no fold equity against a field of 5. Check it and see what develops. Depending on the action all three options are viable.

Hand 3: That river fold is BAD. Definitely call after checking. Alot of bare aces will call you down hoping to catch (thinking you're bluffing) and will bluff at you on this river after you check. I'd probably bet out instead of c/c'ing, but c/c'ing might induce a bluff from some hands you beat, and it protects you from a bluff-raise.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:44 AM

DELETED. Sorry Josh [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2005, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
DELETED. Sorry Josh [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Aw, that's just a tease. Now I want to know what you said! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2005, 05:57 AM

Hand #1: i don't think i'd cap that flop, but i guess it could be read-dependent. fold the turn.

Hand #2: don't lead out the flop. not only do you have 2nd pair weak kicker, the pot is really small, and there's a flush/straight draw. check and see what happens. personally i'd probably check/fold most likely.

Hand #3: bet the river or at least check/call.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:03 AM

Hand 1:

Looks like SB has QQ and MP2 has his flush. This is a pretty easy turn fold.

Hand 2:

This is a check-fold for me. With Q9s, I'm really hoping to flop a flush draw or two pair, or something like Q-3-4 or 9-3-4. If you're going to throw out an exploratory bet, once you get raised, you've gotta know you are beat. I have no idea what you were doing all the way to the river.

Hand 3:

Why check/fold the river? Do you have evidence that this guy has you beat? I bet the river and fold to a raise.