Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 12:47 PM

Default Re: NFL Season Wins Thread

why are the chargers so low? seems like some value in the over there...maybe
Old 06-27-2005, 01:33 PM

Tough non-division games, but who knows if this is the reason for the total or if they are being undervalued like all of last year.

Chargers Schedule
1 Sun, Sep 11 Dallas
2 Sun, Sep 18 at Denver
3 Sun, Sep 25 NY Giants
4 Sun, Oct 2 at New England
5 Mon, Oct 10 Pittsburgh
6 Sun, Oct 16 at Oakland
7 Sun, Oct 23 at Philadelphia
8 Sun, Oct 30 Kansas City
9 Sun, Nov 6 at NY Jets
10 BYE WEEK
11 Sun, Nov 20 Buffalo
12 Sun, Nov 27 at Washington
13 Sun, Dec 4 Oakland
14 Sun, Dec 11 Miami
15 Sun, Dec 18 at Indianapolis
16 Sat, Dec 24 at Kansas City
17 Sat, Dec 31 Denver
Old 06-27-2005, 02:25 PM

I know less about my team than I should...but 10-6 would be a huge disappointment for the Pats, even with the loss of Weis, Crennel and Bruschi. Actually, Seymour hasn't been to camp last I heard due to contract disputes. With him gone as well, 10-6 wouldn't really shock me, but I highly doubt he doesn't play for them this season.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:58 PM

Yeah the Chargers caught my eye too. 7.5 seems low. And are they really the worst team in that division? I thought they'd come back even stronger this year after getting some playoff experience against the Jets.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not positive, but I think the CHARGERS have not announced that BREEs is still the starter or not.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not positive, but I think the CHARGERS have not announced that BREEs is still the starter or not.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's an open competition, but Brees will win it. Nobody expects Rivers to start.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:29 PM

There will be 256 games, and the total number of expected wins (according to Pinnacle) is 259.

That's pretty close. In past seasons, it seemed that sports books expected bettors to be more overly optimistic than that. Didn't they?
Old 06-27-2005, 07:21 PM

Default Browns under.

The browns are almost an expansion team this year. Brand new coaching staff, new GM- new offensive line- cut/traded 4 D lineman (three starters)- trying to convert their fourth starter to linebacker- switching their defense from a 4 3 to a 3 4 (or whatever, i always get confused as to which is which, but they are using 4 starting linebackers).
Journeyman Quaterback in the twilight of his career starting- top draft pick from last year out (in fact they only have 1 frist rounder expected to start this year from their past 5 drafts).
No real set running back, Braylon edwards looks like the only quality reciever and hes a rookie.
God damn this is going to be a long season.
Go browns.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but I'm a homer

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you should know how totally inept the organization is. McCaskey sucks, Angelo sucks, Phillips sucks, Lovie sucks, and I'm surprised any time the win a game. They are fairly good at counting up profits but have trouble fielding or even trying to field a competitive team.

I can't wait until Lovies 4 year rebuilding plan ends so we can get another second rate ex-defensive coordinatator with no head coaching experience to show us his inept 4 year rebuilding plan.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the coaching staff is good now, best we've had in a while. Front office....meeeeeeeeh. However, if grossman = healthy, the bears beat that projection on their defense and 17pts/game alone. Do I think I'd run the team a lot better? Yes, but who doesn'tr other than a Pats fan?
Old 06-27-2005, 11:12 PM

I would be a little cautious on Eagles over b/c of TO, I would want to see him in camp before I bet the over, also the East is getting better the Eagles may only win 10. The chargers schedule is brutal if you have looked at it it has got to be twice as hard as last years so 7.5 i would not touch it really. I like the Chiefs over 8.5 with this being Vermeils last year (maybe) and improved D and I think they will win more of the close games they lost last year. I think the Miami 5.5 is interesting b/c I think Saban is trying to win now with the Vets he brought in, I think they are probably a 6 or 7 win team if they have a running game. I like the 8.5 Under for the Lions and Bills b/c I dont trust Harrington or Lohsman and I think it will take time for the 3 WR to play together on the same page and time for Lohsmanto win games in the AFC East. Finally, I like the Over on St. Louis b/c they have an easy schedule and are the team to beat in the NFC West in my Opinion.