Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Part-time SnG grinders

[ QUOTE ]
this thread somehow keeps getting better

[/ QUOTE ]

It's because idiots like me are playing right into his hand.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I understand this and that is why I am going to post my exact numbers when I get off of work. My real question was if it was possible to make $500 a week 4 tabling the $22's. I am going to double check my stats and post them. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming a consistent 25% rakeback and 20% ROI on the $22's, you effectively "make" $2.50/tourney.
To make $500/week, you have to play 500/2.5 = 200 SnG's.
4-tabling one set per hour means you have to play ~50 hours to make $500/week. So, I would say no.

[15-25]*$2.50*4 = 150-250/week, not counting statisical deviation and whatnot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like your math and all that jazz, but... The way my brain is set up, is... 100 games at 20% ROI should be $440 no? Thats $22 x 100 = 2200 x .2 = $440.

That with Rakeback should be enough to meet his $500 requirement.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like your math and all that jazz, but... The way my brain is set up, is... 100 games at 20% ROI should be $440 no? Thats $22 x 100 = 2200 x .2 = $440.

That with Rakeback should be enough to meet his $500 requirement.

[/ QUOTE ]

His math works out well for $11 SNGs though.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:53 PM

Wow I go to lunch and come back and this simple question as 60something replies, yes if he plays 15-25hrs like he said he should be able to get in around 100sngs and to make $500 he needs a roi of around 20% which is very attainable.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:59 PM

I apologize for offending all of you with my comments. Obviously I have a lot to learn. I'll stick around to read anymore responses, and after that i'll go back to my hole.
DrJ
Old 06-27-2005, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I apologize for offending all of you with my comments. Obviously I have a lot to learn. I'll stick around to read anymore responses, and after that i'll go back to my hole.
DrJ

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't understand why your arguments are fallacious and would genuinely like to find out, then I suggest you start a new thread to ask where and why you went wrong. The issues that you are struggling are elementary, and you need to learn them pronto if you aspire to become any type of a serious poker player.

That is the second best advice anybody can give you. The best advice would be not to come across as a know-it-all punk. The replies will be much more constructive if you ahve an open mind. You're not off to a good start here. You lost half your stack on the first hand, but it's not too late for a comeback. You seem well enough intentioned. Good luck.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DrJ

[/ QUOTE ] Dude, we just want to see your stats. How many did you play, at what level. What were your finishes?

You can't make a claim like 70% ITM and just go away.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
DrJ

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't understand why your arguments are fallacious and would genuinely like to find out, then I suggest you start a new thread to ask where and why you went wrong. The issues that you are struggling are elementary, and you need to learn them pronto if you aspire to become any type of a serious poker player.

[/ QUOTE ]
I will do that.

As for appearing like a know-it-all punk, well... I hope my background can serve as an excuse. I played silly online poker for about a year, and hit rock bottom this past Christmas. After taking a month off, I made it my New Years resolution to become serious about every game I played. I gave myself one chance, a $50 deposit, to come back: I'd either go bust or go up. Well, I went up. I'm at $1650 now (as of last night), and it's all attributed to SNG's. ::laughs:: Actually, it should be higher, but as I said in another post, I've strayed from time to time to play Pineapple and Omaha (especially when I was in the 300-600 range).... I discovered that I am not a good cash player, and that kept me in the 20's for a while.

So that's my story. I'm not looking forward to being humbled soon, but there's no dodging variance, so I'm sure it will happen eventually. Hopefully not before I finish my Step Higher progression though... I bought in at step 1 and currently have a 3. Having trouble finding a full table though.

DrJ
Old 06-27-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
DrJ

[/ QUOTE ] Dude, we just want to see your stats. How many did you play, at what level. What were your finishes?

You can't make a claim like 70% ITM and just go away.

[/ QUOTE ]

My PokerTracker software is at home; I'm at work right now. I can get that data later on tonight if you guys want.

DrJ
Old 06-27-2005, 04:39 PM

Default NOOB alert!!!

What is ITM and ROI? How can I calculate these for myself? Do you have some sort of tracking program?

Edit: Ok, I'm gathering the phrases mean "In the money" and "return on investment" but I'm still wondering if there is a program that tracks these statistics for a player.