Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 02:36 PM

Default Got be-littlled for this hand

I caught some major crap from my opponont on this hand. He told me I had no clue how to play this game and should read a book and learn how to play. This was my first hand and I posted 1 off the button. Maybe I am nuts but I think I played this perfectly. I dont know what he had but I think he had a big ace that he didnt protect. Here is the hand let me know what you think. Was he right? or was this ok.

Table "Adhafera" Seat 7 is the button.
Seat 1: Player 1 ($23.26 in chips)
Seat 2: Player2 ($28.60 in chips)
Seat 3: Player3 ($15.75 in chips)
Seat 4: Player4 ($36.50 in chips)
Seat 5: Player5 ($13 in chips)
Seat 6: Hero ($50 in chips)
Seat 7: Player7 ($10.83 in chips)
Seat 8: Player8($54.75 in chips)
Seat 9: Player9 ($4.25 in chips)
Seat 10: Player10 ($49 in chips)
Player8: posts small blind $0.25
Player9: posts big blind $0.50
Hero: posts big blind $0.50
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to Hero [2s 3h]
Player10: calls $0.50
Player1: calls $0.50
Player2: folds
Player3: calls $0.50
Player4: folds
Player5: folds
HERO: checks
Player7: folds
Player8: calls $0.25
Player9: checks
----- FLOP ----- [5s 7d 2h]
Player8: checks
Player9: checks
Player10: checks
Player1: checks
Player3: bets $0.50
HERO: raises $1
Player8: folds
Player9: folds
Player10: folds
Player1: folds
Player3: calls $0.50
----- TURN ----- [5s 7d 2h][Td]
Player3: checks
Hero: checks
----- RIVER ----- [5s 7d 2h Td][7h]
Player3: checks
HERO: bets $1
Player3: calls $1
----- SHOW DOWN -----
HERO: shows [2s 3h] (Two Pairs, Sevens and Twos, Ten high)
Player3: mucks hand
HERO collected $6.65 from Main pot
----- SUMMARY -----
Total pot $7 Main pot $6.65 Rake $0.35
Board [5s 7d 2h Td 7h]
Old 06-27-2005, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Got be-littlled for this hand

including player's names is generally bad form.

seems ok to me. interesting flop raise.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:42 PM

Your opponent is an idiot so don't worry about him. He is mad at you but bet into you and then paid off on the river with ace high? You did ok. I think betting the turn and checking through the river is far superior. Since you didn't bet the turn I wouldn't bet the river either as I would have a hard time thinking of it as a value bet - but you did and it was.

-DeathDonkey
Old 06-27-2005, 02:47 PM

How can someone bitch at u when they cant even beat a pair of 2s. He couldnt of had much since he didnt PFR so ur play was ok. I wouldnt have bet the river and most likely would have dumped the hand on the flop since i wouldnt of had any reads yet.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:49 PM

sorry about the names the post has been edited. Bisons didnt work with this site.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:57 PM

I thought this was an interesting hand I knew upfront my hand was garbage. When I raised the flop I knew it was the only chance I had of winning the hand. I was suppriesed it worked the way it did. With that board I cant believe there were not a couple of callers. When it got down to heads up my thought was to be ready to dump it. I was nervous about a check raise on the turn which was the reason for the check, I bet the river because I figured he might fold and i could pick up the pot.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:59 PM

I'm not crazy about putting in 2 bets with bottom pair no kicker, but I guess in a 6-way pot, if you feel like you HAVE to try to take it down, this is the way to do it.

If you bet the river as a bluff, then I guess I don't hate it. I don't see how you could think it is for value unless you put this guy on a draw--and I don't know how you could do that, having just sat down.

I'd dump this cheese on the flop.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not crazy about putting in 2 bets with bottom pair no kicker, but I guess in a 6-way pot, if you feel like you HAVE to try to take it down, this is the way to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. The biggest problem here is that on the flop the bettor usually will have something here and all you can beat is a complete bluff. Even if you are ahead, the opponent has 2 streets to pick up something which means that there's usually a 24% chance you will be outdrawn.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how you could think it is for value unless you put this guy on a draw

[/ QUOTE ]

In this particular hand, your river bet is almost always for value. The opponent bet the flop, checked the turn and even after you checked behind just checked the river. This is clearly someone who was drawing and there is no way the river helped him. With any piece of the board here almost any player would bet the river after the hero's weakness on the turn.

Also if the villian folds hero doesn't have to show the hand [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-27-2005, 03:24 PM

Seems like a risky play w/o reads, but you're posting blind, get a flop that is nearly draw-less (exc the str8), it would be the time, if any, to try this. I'd probably check behind on the river tho, if he hasn't folded by now he probably won't, and I don't see how it can be a bet for value. This is not the sort of thing I'd try every fifth orbit, btw.
If he's calling you and can't beat 22, I wouldn't worry about what kind of names he calls you. Matter of fact, I would like to play with him, as I haven't gotten any action on my good hands in a while.

The other day I was playing a game at Absolute .5/1 and raised pre-flop w/ QQ and was three-bet by the SB. Flop, turn, and river was all undercards, my opponent kept showing naked aggression, so I started to wonder AA-KK and called down from the turn...which must have seemed weird to him, because he had just caught a 2 on the turn to make a set of deuces, and that's when I slowed down. You couldn't have shocked me more when he turned up his hand. I did not know 22 was a three-betting hand.