Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 04:54 AM

Default folding the river in huge pot

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) converter

Reads as I go through the hand.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 (poster) calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Not sure what everyone thinks of this raise but it has been working for me a lot and I was three away from the button.

Flop: (16 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, MP2 folds, CO calls.

I'm not getting the 10 to 1, but i figured 8 to 1 was good enough with implied odds since this guy is pumping the pot and will pay off.

Turn: (11 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Not sure where to put CO, but I now have the nut straight though not the nuts, still the only had that really kills me that Button would be three betting with is AKs, though he has been somewhat willing to three-bet lesser hands. Still the calls show me I have the best hand.

Another thing, would a c/r work here or would that be a problem if I openned myself up to being three bet by a guy with the flush that I'm dead to.

River: (14 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Now what? CO comes alive out of nowhere and button is back. I'm getting 8.5 to 1 to call and I think the chance that someone has a flush is way high and calling would open up a three bet from CO, which does happen.

Did I fold this correctly?

Final Pot: 20 BB
Old 06-27-2005, 05:05 AM

Default Re: folding the river in huge pot

Good fold. Too many hands beat you; obvious flush, pairing of the board gives full houses a chance, and at best you're probably spliting with another straight.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:20 AM

I certainly call if its one-bet back to me (and preferably I close the action) but when it's 2 bets back im heavily leaning toward a fold.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:53 AM

I think with the two [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the flop I'm folding the flop for 2 bets--especially since I'm not closing the action. I don't like any of my A outs and only 3 T outs are clean with a possible redraw on the river. I'll save my money for another hand.