Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 04:33 AM

Default Re: Strategy for Mutli-Tabling?

I just thought that I should expose a private message sent to me by Mr. Graff that exposes his intents:

"ed miller is wrong, 100k+ is possible for multitabling 3/6. 8table 2.5BB/100 getting in 520 hands/hr, plus rakeback = $100/hr. play 40 hours a week, make 4k a week x 52 weeks = 208k. some people 16 table, but have a declining winrate and cant put in 40 hours a week from what i understand.

when talking to people about what i do, they often ask if i have some sort of system. do i play ultratight? wait for aces? no, i try to play optimal poker the best that i can. poker basically comes down to mathematical play, especially when playing limit. once you understand the mathematics of it enough it becomes mechanical, systematic if you will. some situations require reads but datamined stats will usually give you what you need. taking notes is important as well. i dont really know how playing 1 table is different than playing 4 tables, other than that my ev would be slightly higher. i have a system regardless of how many tables i play."

Wow, good job... You don't care about increasing your income? It seems stupid to me to encourage and motivate people to become multi-tabling sharks.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:51 AM

one's strategy should not change significantly from how they would want to play on just 1 table.

playing more tables may help you to tighten-up though if playing too loose is a problem.

for single OR multi-tabling I recommend pokertracker...and gametime+ or playerview.

for multi-tabling you will want a monitor that can support 1600x1200 resolution (or at least 1400x1050). that way you can view the different tables without any overlapping.

[ QUOTE ]
LOL! The ideal telecommute job!

[/ QUOTE ]

my thoughts exactly. although I'm playing 5/10 now and will be hopefully be moving to 10/20 more regularly in the near future.

It's not as unrealistic as you might think.... especially with bonus-chasing and rake-back.

There is much talk about whether it really is the 'ultimate' type of job though.
Several who have done it or are doing it complain of the lack of social interaction in their lives as well as the stress that comes with the inevitable 150+BB downswings.
So your mileage may vary.
Also mmany people suffer burnout after just a few months and find it increasingly difficult to motivate themselves to put in the necessary hours each and every week.

But I enjoy it.
Right now I'm lying in bed and my GF is here snoozing away and I'm getting some "work" done at the tables.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:52 AM

LOL. Well OK, since you brought it up here why don't I share my response The Humanitarian here as well.

The Humanitarian’s response to me:
wow good job you greedy scumbag.

My reponse to The Humanitarian:
OK, I see we play poker for two different reasons. I play to make money - I don't really care about sharing information on multi-tabling that will benefit others and may make the game less profitable for me in the long run. Poker is a cut-throat game, increasing EV is all that matters to me. If you want to do good, play another game, go into politics or whatever.

Also, your thread about tax evasion make your words about me being a greedy bastard sound just little bit dumb, don't you think?

Btw. "Mr. Graff exposes his intents" made me smile a little bit. Yes, +EV is my game. What's yours?
Old 06-27-2005, 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL. Well OK, since you brought it up here why don't I share my response The Humanitarian here as well.

OK, I see we play poker for two different reasons. I play to make money - I don't really care about sharing information on multi-tabling that will benefit others and may make the game less profitable for me in the long run. Poker is a cut-throat game, increasing EV is all that matters to me. If you want to do good, play another game, go into politics or whatever.

Also, your thread about tax evasion make your words about me being a greedy bastard sound just little bit dumb, don't you think?

Btw. "Mr. Graff exposes his intents" made me smile a little bit. Yes, +EV is my game. What's yours?

[/ QUOTE ]

If your only intent is to leach information from others while never making contributions then please stop posting here. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-27-2005, 10:25 AM

Let me join the majority of respondants in saying there is no need to alter your play from whatever is "optimal", especially if we are talking about 4 tables of 6 max or 6 tables of full ring.

All you need is some time to get used to it.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:46 AM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

classic.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:03 PM

150+? More like 300+ BB downswings :P
Old 06-27-2005, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pissing off people who are trying to help you is much more -EV
Old 06-27-2005, 05:30 PM

I'm starting to think about multi-tabling as well. So far I've found it not so much difficult, more a bit frustrating and a little less interesting.

Will take some advice from above though. Would love to be able to make it work.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let me join the majority of respondants in saying there is no need to alter your play from whatever is "optimal".

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems he's ignoring those correct respondents and hoping someone tells him what changes to make.