Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2005, 03:04 PM

Default Do I need to fold this river.

Villan is a bit loose preflop, but actually seems pretty good post flop. I.e can fold shows agression at right time etc.
I ended up calling, but in retrospect think it was probably a pretty -ev call vs a decent opponent. I would have felt fine about calling a turn raise as my gay bet looks pretty fishy, but I doubt this river raise is a hand I beat. Thoughts?
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (5.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB
Old 06-26-2005, 01:43 AM

Default Re: Do I need to fold this river.

Hm...I don't understand the turn donkbet... We're either letting him bluff, or trying to raise for value...what does donking do? He gets off free when he's got junk, and we might even fold the best hand at some point?

Anyway, as it stands I'd fold the river, unless I knew him to be very bluff-inclined.

Surf
Old 06-26-2005, 09:29 PM

The point of donking the turn is it looks so fishy decent players will call down with A high and small pairs that they would fold to a turn CR. VS your average 10/20 retard I would
cr this turn, but as I mentioned villan was decent post flop.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:35 PM

by check calling the flop and leading the turn you are allowing him to fold on the turn, only costing him one small flop bet. and you are allowing him to draw for one turn bet if he wants. check raise this flop. and lead turn of course.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:34 AM

I don't mind the turn donkbet. If I were him, I'd be suspicious of a TAG flat calling a basically drawless K high flop. There's a decent chance he'll check through the turn if he's observant and wants to showdown A high or a weak made hand. He may however call bets on both the turn and river with those hands.