Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2005, 08:26 PM

Default 99 hand

I've been working on playing the 99-JJ hands better. Comments on all streets appreciated.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Anybody reraise this to get it heads-up with the late position raiser?

Flop: (6.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, CO calls.

I was pretty confident CO would bet and wanted to eliminate MP1 incase he was holding any overcard(s) to my pair.

Turn: (5.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Not the best card, but it is possible the raiser has AJ or AQ. The range of hands I put him on is AK, AQ, AJ, KQ, or KJ. I plan on folding to a turn raise.

River: (7.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Since I was willing to call a bet if I checked to him I decided to bet out and fold to raise.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB
Old 06-26-2005, 08:34 PM

Default Re: 99 hand

I like your play except the river, which is read dependent. If CO is a fishy fish, then your logic is correct, but if he is a tight and/or aggressive player, I think i would check/call.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like your play except the river, which is read dependent. If CO is a fishy fish, then your logic is correct, but if he is a tight and/or aggressive player, I think i would check/call.

[/ QUOTE ]
a tight aggressive player will almost always call the river bet with AQ/AJ/AT here. the final board is 345K3 and two hearts fell on the flop. there are plenty of hands a player would check raise on this flop and lead the turn/river against which ace high is good.

if you knew, certainly, that villain would never bluff the river, then check folding is correct. however, the fact that we never know that and that this is a board very good for villain to be calling with ace high means this is a good bet.

if we check we give him the correct option of checking through with ace high and betting with that king or another pair.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:40 PM

I'm embarassed to admit to the fact I didn't fully consider the texture of the board in my river bet. I'm going to have to look at some old overcard hands. I have a feeling I may be folding boards similar to this myself when it is heads up.

Thanks for the post.