Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2005, 07:39 PM

Default Re: Bellagio 15/30 AA UTG

I think check/raising the turn is a big mistake once the jack falls. If he has QQ, he just got a free card if he wants one. If I'm beat, it'll cost me three bets to see the river.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:46 PM

I still like folding the river.
Old 06-25-2005, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
QQ- The preflop raise, again, works. The flop bet and call makes sense here. When the jack comes it gives him an open-ender. Good time for a semi-bluff. He bets the river out of desperation

[/ QUOTE ]

See, this is the problem. What better hand can QQ conceivably hope to fold? Trips are not folding. A boat, obviously, is not folding. A straight is not folding, and would have put more action in when it was nutted by the turn. JTs is folding - but it's been counterfeited anyway.

The only hand better hand that QQ *might* fold is precisely AA, but villian is unlikely to put opponent on AA because of the preflop action. Even a tricky, sophisticated player would not bet QQ here, much less a typical 15/30 B&Mster.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:20 PM

You played it fine. 4 bet preflop usually and sometimes just call for deception. At the river have to grit teeth and hope he doesn't have Ak,AQ or jj, or 1010's which it looks like. There isnt alot you can beat on the river but its only one bet and its headup where people are more likely to make more plays.