Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2005, 08:56 PM

Default Re: First hand of an SnG - Good Fold with AK?

I'm used to playing big-stack poker. I would just call in this spot and see what the flop comes. Folding could be another option but I've yet to come to a point in my game where I can fold AK pre-flop and be happy about it.

Min-raising is the worst option.
Old 06-25-2005, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Move all-in or fold? Hmmm, interesting.

Would you ever call this raise and play the flop? Do you not call any raises with AK in an 800 chip game at this point? This has piqued my curiosity as I think I may have discovered a leak - I call this almost 100% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I call PF raises with AK all the time, but I'm not going to call a 8XBB raise with it. If the PFR made it T45 to go or something then I would see a flop before investing myself anymore. I'm not a big fan of putting in 1/7th of my chips when I will commonly be folding on the flop or even preflop should someone move all-in behind me. If I call the T45 raise and then someone pushes behind me I don't feel too bad giving it up and fighting another hand.

As for this hand, I would just fold preflop and move on. I guess the only other option is to push it all-in and I'm not too keen as to if that is the better play when I can hopefully outplay my opponents later and not have to rely on a coinflip in Level 1.

Brad
Old 06-25-2005, 09:06 PM

who is tplusu2? That looks like another 2er, ya think?

Yeah, and get away from this hand. Let it go, it's okay to let AK go. It's not a crime to fold this here.