Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2005, 12:10 AM

Default What about Diagastino or whatever his name is?

Has anyone seen him at a table, or thinks they know his screen name?

Do you think it would be + or - EV for others to know you're one of the greatest?

I know most pro's rely on their table image at tourneys to make others lay down their hands.

Does anyone know any other phenominal online players?
Old 06-25-2005, 12:55 AM

Default Re: What about Diagastino or whatever his name is?

erik123- some kid from sweden that won 5M$ over span of 3 years or so @ ladbrokes ripping high stakes short handed games/HU's
Old 06-25-2005, 01:10 AM

Default Re: Who is Zweig?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is the 1st time Ive really watched him for an extended period. Ive heard all about his LAGness. Pushing with the nuts...pushing with a draw

Hes played like 4 hands in an hour. When I started watching he had $29500. He now has $34500 after flopping a str8 from the BB. He had 89. Flop was QJT. Zweig bet pot on the flop and got called twice, then bet pot on the turn and a fool pushed all in on the turn with QT.

Obviously this guy is great, but he looks like a super rock to me. At least tonight, I havent seen anything special. No disrespect intended of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is scary about his play is his ability to change gears. He will go totally nuts-o sometimes, and other times play rock-ish like you've described. I've never seen him play that rock-ish for that long, but I'm sure other more regular posters (ElDiablo?) have.

Keep watching. I bet he doesnt' keep it up.

-Todd

[/ QUOTE ]

I watched for a while more. he still played very tight, but he went balistic a couple hands in a row and took about 8K from a guy who apparently got tired of getting pushed around at the wrong time.

There was a small preflop raise. Flop was Qxx with 2 hearts. A pot bet, the moron called and then Zweig raised the pot (I think his raise was to $1600). The moron called. The turn was another heart and moron led $300 into the $4000 or so pot. Zweig pushed all in. Moron called another $5k with just the Ah. Zweig had JT of hearts

Zweig finally left with $41K
Old 06-25-2005, 12:22 PM

I have about 5000 hands from him logged in pokertracker and to me it seems that his LAG reputation is totaly wrong. Even in heads up play he seems to fold a lot preflop and giving up most of the blinds to his opponent. However as stated earlier he mixes up his postflop play a lot sometimes getting very agressive with nothing. If anyone has anything more to add about his style please continue since i found it pretty interesting.
Old 06-25-2005, 07:53 PM

FWIW, the guy's not bullet proof. I just saw him get schooled by making 2 bad continuation bets and re-reraises. All in all he lost abour 10 grand!

It's good to see the best slip up every now and again... Makes the rest of us mortals feel like it's possible to get into the bigger games.

Marlow
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 06-25-2005, 09:34 PM

"Makes the rest of us mortals feel like it's possible to get into the bigger games."

He did not make 2 bad continuation bets and re-raises. Everything fits into the context of the game. What makes him great is his meta-game play: the dynamism of his hand ranges in response to his opponent's. He can accurately assign them a hand range and manipulate his own to ensure that every series of actions gives him an edge (or, at least, the totality of all actions, such as giving up an edge in smaller pots to have a larger edge in bigger pots). He'll lose $10k now and make more later through the errors he has caused his opponents to make.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Makes the rest of us mortals feel like it's possible to get into the bigger games."

He did not make 2 bad continuation bets and re-raises. Everything fits into the context of the game. What makes him great is his meta-game play: the dynamism of his hand ranges in response to his opponent's. He can accurately assign them a hand range and manipulate his own to ensure that every series of actions gives him an edge (or, at least, the totality of all actions, such as giving up an edge in smaller pots to have a larger edge in bigger pots). He'll lose $10k now and make more later through the errors he has caused his opponents to make.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. It sounds like you're rationalizing his tilt.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doubtful.

A) I really doubt losing 10k in any given window of time tilts Prahlad. He drops a LOT more than that often. But whos to know?

B) He'll push with the nuts often. He'll also push with bad hands often. People get confused. He preys on that. Theres a reason he is playing so much at this level.

-Todd
Old 06-25-2005, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doubtful.

A) I really doubt losing 10k in any given window of time tilts Prahlad. He drops a LOT more than that often. But whos to know?

B) He'll push with the nuts often. He'll also push with bad hands often. People get confused. He preys on that. Theres a reason he is playing so much at this level.

-Todd

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me I watch him a lot too. And he does tilt.
Old 06-25-2005, 10:36 PM

i thought he was/is a law school student at berkely, but i could be mistaken.

there is a poker pages article about a PLHE braclet he won maybe a year or two ago. its a cool read.