Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2005, 03:49 PM

Default Fun w/ AQs

Wynn 15-30 game. EP in this hand is brand new to the table, this is his first orbit. He's a late 20s guy, but doesn't really have the look of an over-aggressive type. But who knows, looks can be decieving. He's seen one flop so far, and promptly folded there. I have a little more than 7 racks in front of me, and the table warned him about bumping heads with "the guy who never misses" when he sat down - don't know if that effects his image of me or not.

Preflop:
EP limps, three other limpers to The Dude, who raises A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the SB. BB calls, everyone calls.

Flop: (12 SBs) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 Players)</font>
The Dude bets, EP raises two limpers cold call, The Dude 3-bets, EP 4-bets, only cold caller drops out, The Dude caps, they both call.

Turn: (14.5 BBs) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 Players)</font>
The Dude bets, EP raises, LP folds. The Dude ho's and hum's, then calls.

River: (18.5 BBs) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 Players)</font>
The Dude checks, EP bets, The Dude calls.

Comments?
Old 06-24-2005, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Fun w/ AQs

Looks to me like you lost to 8's full or a str8 flush but I check call down after the board pairs. You showed so much aggression on the flop I felt like it screamed big pair with a spade redraw or nut spades. When you cap flop and lead out to get raised I think it tells you where you are at... maybe you beat an overplayed str8 but I don't see you winning this pot too often...

good luck [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2005, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it.

Only question I can see is maybe 3-bet the turn, but with your limited read on him I think calling down when the board pairs is fine.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:05 PM

I don't get what is so hard about this hand. Capping the flop, which is a fine lin, basically makes you play later streets the way you did.