Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2005, 10:01 AM

Default Re: Absolute .50/1.00 tables competition?

That game plays like the $40/$80 at the Mirage.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I think I can easily 3 table Absolute, I just did a 4 table session without any problems, and cleared 150 or so points and made 15$ normally.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can play 4 tables at Absolute now?
Old 06-24-2005, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There are a ton of sites with bonuses... just do your homework.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he is trying to do his homework. I am too for that matter...I play 25K sh hands/month on Empire and am looking to change my main site because my $200 cashout 12 days ago prohibits me from getting a measly bonus. I haven't found bonuswhores to be too helpful as far as getting some honest impressions/experience on a particular site. Anybody wanna share?
Old 06-24-2005, 11:10 AM

This is kind of funny. I feel real conflicted. As a member of a community...as a person being asked for assistance...as a Phellow Phish Phan and as a generally good guy I want to tell you that Absolute has become my main site and I think that it's a total goldmine, particularly when you get the R word along with the bonuses. If your a low limit grinder looking to build bankroll and you're playing elswhere, I think you're nuts.
The games are on the weak tight side but very beatable.

The Poker player side of me wants to keep this all a secret.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:03 PM

Default Absolute Trip Report

when party did away with their [censored] at the end of May, i switched to absolute and have given them a try this month. My initial impressions:

1. The tables have nowhere near as much action, even though the max buy-in is double. The average pot size at party 25NL is more than twice absolute 25NL, and even bigger than absolute 50NL.
2. The software sucks. You can only play 3 tables at a time, and with 3 open at once my fairly new computer has some serious display problems i don't get at other sites.
3. Table selection sucks. If I want to hop on and play 3 tables of full ring 50NL, i can't... why? Because most times there are only 1 or 2 tables running. Be prepared to wait a while for them. There are more 6-max tables going, so if that's your thing you'll be ok.
4. Bonuses and that-which-shall-not-be-talked-about are good, but clear/accumulate more slowly than you think because of the small average pot size.
5. Poker tracker is more of a hassle, but still usable. After the initial setup you'll have to manually request hand histories every hour or so. If you've gotten used to GT+ or PV, you'll have to learn to play without them again. Not so bad because you'll run into the same people over and over again so you'll learn them fairly quickly.

The games are definately beatable, and bonuses/rakeback are nice, but my hourly earn has not improved... they don't overcome the loss of hands/hour of a fourth table and BB/hour of juicier games. I may move back to party if my impressions haven't changed in another month.

just one man's opinion.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:32 PM

Default Re: Absolute Trip Report

Meant 3 tables before. In terms of the softwrare, it sucks, but you can get used to it. It's not the end of the world. My only grip is how few tables they have for each cash amount. I just like the fact that you can depsoit and withdraw like instantly, with no hassle. I accidently didnt put all that I wanted in for the 50% bonus, so I emailed em and got it. The games themselves are easy I think, and more conducive to grinding money out. I lvoe party for the fish, but those fish can follow you to the river sometimes and take a bit out of your roll. I think Absolute is good for sustained grinding.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There are a ton of sites with bonuses... just do your homework.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he is trying to do his homework. I am too for that matter...I play 25K sh hands/month on Empire and am looking to change my main site because my $200 cashout 12 days ago prohibits me from getting a measly bonus. I haven't found bonuswhores to be too helpful as far as getting some honest impressions/experience on a particular site. Anybody wanna share?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm responsible for most of the content you see on this site (BW). Can you tell me what's not honest about it?
Old 06-24-2005, 01:30 PM

[/ QUOTE ]I'm responsible for most of the content you see on this site (BW). Can you tell me what's not honest about it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, not my intention to represent that BW is dishonest. I think the breakdown of information found there has been vital to my research about where to play and what is offered where. What I'm looking for now is some subjective info from 2+2'ers about their experience. This is something that can't be found on BW.

Again, sorry if I misrepresented and thanks for all the work you put in on BW. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2005, 01:34 PM

I haven't been able to.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I'm responsible for most of the content you see on this site (BW). Can you tell me what's not honest about it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, not my intention to represent that BW is dishonest. I think the breakdown of information found there has been vital to my research about where to play and what is offered where. What I'm looking for now is some subjective info from 2+2'ers about their experience. This is something that can't be found on BW.

Again, sorry if I misrepresented and thanks for all the work you put in on BW. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand your position now. We strive to keep the info on the site objective based on the data we collect. If you want a subjective opinion on Absolute, you are likely to get plenty of them and most likely many of them will be completely different from each other. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Also, TY for the compliment.