Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2005, 02:27 AM

Default Re: PlayerView/GameTime+ Alternative Technical Discussion

This thing is coming together a lot quicker than I anticipated. I'll tell you what guys, if you think the version you are using right now is good, just wait until you see this new version.

Open up a table, about two seconds after a new hand starts, you have stats on all the players (well, those that you have hands with). A player leaves the table? His stats are immediately removed. A player joins the table? His stats display almost immediately (after a new hand if neccessary). A player mucks his hand at showdown? You see his hand alongside the winner.

What I love about this is that it's always current with the stats. You never have to worry if the stats you see belong to this player or the guy who was sitting in that seat last hand. You never need to refresh because the way it's designed means it's always current.

I'm very excited about this. So much so that I've actually neglected my poker play to work on this. I hope I get to a point where I can quit soon because I need to make some money again.

I still need to do a few things before I can release a new version. I want to get support in for the player icons for those of you who use them (very simple). I need to add support for different fonts (also very simple). I also want to have a basic window interface so you won't have a big ugly console window running.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you guys know that good things are on the horizon. What I'm using right now, if you don't look at the interface, the functionality that this application provides is on par with, if not better than, what PlayerView provides. The only thing missing right now are a few stats, different font support and player icons. All of those are things I plan on getting in within the next day.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:43 AM

I can't wait! I actually started using PT HUD (like the name) last night and really like it. I had used GT+ for a long time.

Very excited about the new features. Keep up the good work!

By the way, you have been added to my list of blogs that I read regularly.
Old 06-24-2005, 08:26 AM

Sounds good. Looking forward to the next release. Thanks for all your hard work.
Old 06-24-2005, 03:27 PM

Thanks guys. Please don't start using PT Hud as a name for this application. As a courtesy, I emailed Pat from PokerTracker about it and he prefers that I don't use it. I will respect his wishes.
Old 06-24-2005, 03:35 PM

"Poker Observer" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2005, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks guys. Please don't start using PT Hud as a name for this application. As a courtesy, I emailed Pat from PokerTracker about it and he prefers that I don't use it. I will respect his wishes.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about "Poker HUD"? Of course you'd have to clear that with the inventor of poker.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:36 PM

There's already an application called Poker HUD. Nothing against the name, but I'm not really a fan of "Poker Observer"
Old 06-24-2005, 04:41 PM

fair enuf....you're still welcome to use my domain names (pokerobserver.com or PokerEnthusiast.com) free of charge if you desire.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The next version will have the stats disappear during showdown as well as showing the mucked cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Looking forward to the newest version. Personally, I don't mind the console window. I hope the GUI remains simple and efficient to avoid consuming limited resources. No comment on names since it doesn't really matter to me. I do agree that it should be something short or something that can be abbreviated with 2 or 3 letters though.
Old 06-24-2005, 09:15 PM

How about:
Hold 'em HUD
PT HUD (PT stands for Poker Table of course)