Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 09:09 PM

Default Re: AA in early position

Posting results is not going to get you good responses.

There is no reason to post those results.

That said - I really hate limping with aces in EP.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:43 PM

in general, my problem with this tactic is it's so obvious. EP Limp + Raise + Reraise = AA especially at the 22s. If someone can put you on an exact hand, the hand becomes very easy to play.

This did not happen in your case, in fact it seems to have worked perfectly - hence other posters' accusations that you are using the old back door bad beat wheeze.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in general, my problem with this tactic is it's so obvious. EP Limp + Raise + Reraise = AA especially at the 22s. If someone can put you on an exact hand, the hand becomes very easy to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I agree that raising AA in EP is the right play to disguise the strength of your hand and get action but not too much - I disagree that a limp re-raise means AA.

Often you will see a limp push with hands as crappy as 22. Some players are obsessed with "pushing small edges" and "coinflips" and don't realize that they will probably be a 20 % underdog and not a 55 % favorite.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:40 PM

I like the post but I don't warrant its value to what you are asking. You played your hand 3 different ways and you went 0-3. Sometimes that happens, you just have to roll with hte punches. But you have to at some point let it go, I don't remember how many times I have had mine cracked and at the same time I don't write down everytime my K10suited gets cracked because to me it is the same. A hand is a hand. You got in with the best of it, thats all you can ever ask, right? Percentages were in your favor all 3 times and eventually, long term, those numbers will move in your favor.