Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 07:50 PM

Default Re: 2001fp is too narrow

it's not "stretched", is it? like the start button running off the left side and the clock off the right at the edges? If so, this is solved with the buttons on the monitor itself.

Text size is different from DPI.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it's not "stretched", is it? like the start button running off the left side and the clock off the right at the edges? If so, this is solved with the buttons on the monitor

[/ QUOTE ]
On an LCD screen?
Old 06-25-2005, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it's not "stretched", is it? like the start button running off the left side and the clock off the right at the edges? If so, this is solved with the buttons on the monitor

[/ QUOTE ]
On an LCD screen?

[/ QUOTE ]

Afffirmative. I'm not familiar with the dells but analog panels still have actual buttons.
Old 06-25-2005, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
On an LCD screen?

[/ QUOTE ]

Afffirmative. I'm not familiar with the dells but analog panels still have actual buttons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not so on LCDs.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:20 PM

analog panels have to have some way to change the regular "stretch" settings, whether buttons or some sort of software. The two LCD panels in my house (one analog only, one DVI/analog) by LG have buttons. YMMV.
Old 06-25-2005, 07:10 PM

I call B.S., show me stretching buttons on an LCD monitor.
Old 06-25-2005, 08:38 PM

Buster is right as far as the 2001fp is concerned, the buttons will reposistion the monitor but not resize it. I made an earlier post in this thread that you could resize, but checked again after seeing Buster's post and you can reposition but not resize. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Thanks for the heads up Buster if you hadn't posted I would have continued to think you could resize the screen.

I reread the original post in this thread and reposition might be what the poster needs since his table was running off the side.

If that doesn't fix the problem you can try resetting the monitor on all settings, that seems to be what the manual suggest.

Check the nvidia website and download the latest drivers, there are settings available that might help fix your problem. My video card is a different model than yours but they share the same driver download, so you may or may not get the same options.