Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 02:21 AM

Default Re: I played this hand. I was called an idiot. Please fix my brain. Th

[ QUOTE ]
He had AA. At these levels that kind of bet can mean anything -- although that's what I'd do in his shoes with top set. I believe I'm going to be right often enough that it will be profitable. I appreciate the opinion of those who disagreed with my play but I'm not sure if I can't be right often enough in that spot. Can someone really be certain that's a -EV play at .25/.50 NL?

[/ QUOTE ]

preflop: is fine

flop: you called a $1.50 bet to win at most $26.35. Thats 1-17 odds to hit your 2 outer (1-23). So yes, it's -EV, but not horribly so. It's also -EV for AA to allow such a cheap turn with 2 hearts on the board.

Yes you made a bad play, no you don't deserve to be insulted for it. I generally thank people for paying me off when they make dumb comments like this.
Old 06-23-2005, 02:23 PM

Default Re: I played this hand. I was called an idiot. Please fix my brain. Thanks

He was just bitter because he was slowplaying and got ran down. His flop bet was terrible as he was did not close the door to the flush and straight draws. Your reraise on the turn should have clued him in that you had either made a straight or set and that he now faced a 2 out situation (or was drawing dead) and he should have folded. He only had himself to blame for this hand.

Rock27 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]