Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 12:48 AM

Default Re: AA in early position

[ QUOTE ]
limping with aces, with the intention of limp re-raising, should be a tactic used to prevent opponents from reading you easily (improve your shania), but it shouldn't become a habit. under most circumstances, the play with optimal +ev by raising with the aces.

[/ QUOTE ]

It should be noted that these three hands occured over the course of 3 weeks. I'm pretty sure that's not a habitual behaviou [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2005, 01:02 AM

I think just raising up is better in most cases without a read on a table if it's aggressive.

No reason to limp behind limpers, and you want to get your money in preflop with a good preflop hand.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think just raising up is better in most cases without a read on a table if it's aggressive.

No reason to limp behind limpers, and you want to get your money in preflop with a good preflop hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

All three of these occured in round 2 of step tourneys on gaming club where there is usually always action early. I was certain I was going to get action in each case.
Old 06-23-2005, 02:09 AM

They raise...
- Call attention to your hand because of the limp/re-raise and everyone bails when they miss their set.

They limp...
- 5 callers and you have to muck your hand because the pot is worth 120 and he bet 150 into a JQK flop
- Going broke in an unraised pot...enough said

Just raise to like 75, if you get enough callers you can check/raise a good looking flop
If not you can just bet out and see what happens from there

...its late so I have no idea what I just said nor do i know if it is even remotely on the right track..srry