Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2005, 11:12 AM

Default games grid quality

ive searched the forum- not sure if all questions are answered there. So here goes:

1) Are there always low limit (1/2;2/4) games available, or is it a struggling site like Poker Mountain?

2) What are these low limit games like? Are they profitable?

3) How many tables can you play at one time?

4) What are the higher limit tables like? (3/6 and above)

5) How steep is the rake relative to party and skins at low limits?

6) How about at higher limits? (And how high are the limits here?)

7) Overall, would you recommend spending inordinate amounts of time on this site (in addition to multitabling other sites) to clear the 5k bonus?

Extra Credit: How long would it take, 3 tabling 2/4 at Games Grid, for 25 hours a week, to clear the whole bonus? (If you can answer this question correctly, you will become my new favorite poster)

Grading:

0 correct - youre probably a donk

1-2 correct - you know a tiny bit about games grid, but still have vast room for improvement and enhanced knowledge about games grid

3-4 correct - you're games grid knowledge is quite respectable

5 correct - you are a games grid expert, and also a decent and good human being

7 correct - you are a 2 + 2 guru

7 correct plus the extra credit question - you are a gamesgrid legend, and perhaps the greatest poker player on earth
Old 06-22-2005, 12:29 PM

Default Re: games grid quality

Your time is better spent playing the numerous bonuses offered by Absolute and getting rakeback there. The bonuses are much easier to clear. and the games are much softer.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:49 PM

1) Holdem games there are usually in the 1/2 to 3/6 range and there's usually a small selection (some not always full tables tho). The Dealers Choice games are also fairly popular at 1/2 and 2/4 limits.

2) There are easier games elsewhere but they are beatable. The bonus and VFP payments more than make up for it.

3) Unlimited.

4) Highest limit I've seen going regularly is 5/10. Again, tighter than some sites but not something to be afraid of.

5) Rake seems pretty standard to me. Again, bonuses and VFP make it worthwhile.

6) As above

7) I quite like the site - they are being innovative with a few things (e.g DC Games) and I hope they succeed.

Bonus Question: I've been playing at GG for a few weeks and have been doing enough to just clear the 10 hours per week for VFP payments (usually in one or two sessions), so its by no means my main site (I've also missed a couple of weeks). So far I've cleared $200 of bonus and been paid $370 in VFP payments so I certainly rate it as worthwhile. At this rate I won't clear the full $5,000 bonus in 12 months but I doubt you would have any problems 3 tabling for the hours suggested. It'll still take several months but don't neglect the VFP payments which are made on top of the bonus (if you apply to be one).

PM me if you want to know anything further.

Sheriff
Old 06-22-2005, 01:57 PM

Here's my $0.02 since I played there for a while

1) Are there always low limit (1/2;2/4) games available, or is it a struggling site like Poker Mountain?

Not always available. Usually from mid-to-late afternoon EST to midnight there are those games available.

2) What are these low limit games like? Are they profitable?

Tighter than a 13 year old virgin girl. Uber-tight.

Any type of game is profitable, even these uber-tight games.

3) How many tables can you play at one time?

No limit to the number of tables.

4) What are the higher limit tables like? (3/6 and above)

Uber-tight at 3/6, above that I do not know.

5) How steep is the rake relative to party and skins at low limits?

They have a rake chart on their website (www.gamesgrid.com). Better than Party at 1/2. They rake the pot at $5 intervals for 2/4.

6) How about at higher limits? (And how high are the limits here?)

See the rake chart

7) Overall, would you recommend spending inordinate amounts of time on this site (in addition to multitabling other sites) to clear the 5k bonus?

No. The bonus clears extremely slowly. Roughly $1.50 per table hour at 1/2 and $3 per table hour at 2/4. Those rates are terrible.

Check out their VFP program, which is basically prop pay. That combined with the bonus isn't too bad. If you can find enough games to play and you play at least 2/4.

Extra credit:
If you can 3-table 2/4, you clear about $9 in bonus per hour. At 25 hours per week, thats $225 per week. It would take you 22.2 weeks to clear it.

That assumes you can get 3 tables of 2/4 for 3-4 hours of a day. When I stopped playing there about 1.5 weeks ago that would have been an impossible task.

Personally I think you can find better games elsewhere and get better bonuses and rakeback.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:03 PM

in my honest opinion, i think gamesgrid offers most the profitable games(limit for limit of course) on the internet given the bonuses.

its true when everyone says the games are tight. but tight != good and there is TON of money to be made off the players as well as the bonuses.