Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2005, 01:46 AM

Default Re: Party 20/40: Wierd Aces hand.

I'd call the flop and raise the turn. The tight passive button likely has a overpair and BB nothing special. Great flop for you as its unlikely (I would like to think) that either has an 8 given the action preflop. Looks like you're was ahead or way behind here....my guess is way way ahead.

Mike Emery
Old 06-22-2005, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd say raise the flop, hopefully pushing button out, and then calling down after you're 3-bet. I'd much rather call down on a 50/50 shot than a 33/33/33 shot.

I'd be fine with button sticking around if we had a stronger hand, but when it comes down to it, we have an overpair on a coordinated board. The guy's gotta go.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are zero hands in the Button's range that you want to fold, and the board is not coordinated at all.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:44 AM

Even if button only 3-bets with AA, a raise is in order somewhere here. Why let the horrible player take charge of the hand? Raise the flop. Especially if button can't let go of a big PP. If you get 3-bet by the BB or check-raised on the turn, then slow down. If he's horrible you can't really give him credit for an 8. I would just call on the river when the 5 appears.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:53 AM

you need to come out firing on the flop.....cant let someone see a card for cheap....next thing you know...a flush is forming and then they dont fold and you lose.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you need to come out firing on the flop.....cant let someone see a card for cheap....next thing you know...a flush is forming and then they dont fold and you lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we're raising, it's not because we want to fold someone on a runner-runner flush draw. sfer said it best: there are no hands we want Button to fold that he will fold -- if we're raising the flop it's not to make him fold.