Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2005, 01:11 AM

Default Blind defense on scary flop

Villain is 33/12/1.25, seems mostly solid, and has raised into me from the SB when folded around every time (this was the 2nd or 3rd time). Is this a call-down or is the likelyhood that I'm way behind from the flop to high to even continue?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

I feel like things get spewy here...

River: (5 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 7 BB
Old 06-22-2005, 01:19 AM

Default Re: Blind defense on scary flop

I think if its only the 2nd or 3rd time he's raised your bb, you should fold J3s. Especially if its the 2nd. I mean J3s is just trash.

On the flop I think you should fold or raise, then try to check the hand through.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:33 AM

I think calling down is the worst option. The problem is, sb surely has a broadway because he blind stealed. I just drop it.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:37 AM

Fold anywhere in the hand or make a statement and raise the river [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2005, 01:40 AM

if i decided to see this flop id probably raise for a free card and check/call the river..fold to flop reraise or a turn bet
Old 06-22-2005, 01:43 AM

Your only chance here is that this guy is despearte to bluff you out and hence continued to the river. Just so you know, I too use this when I play a little $1-2 party. It is usually positive EV especially against rock gardens. To beat it though simply raise the flop, to find out where your at, if raised back its over. But generally against a standard player I'd fold this up Pre flop.

JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2005, 02:59 AM

I don't really mind the preflop call to defend, but I would fold the flop. Even if you are ahead, you have to dodge half the deck and make it to showdown.