Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2005, 12:45 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: PokerNow is detecting PV/PT or possibly PokerStove

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, then why ban bots? It would be rake heaven!

[/ QUOTE ]

because the multitabling TAGs would go play on Poker Stars

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you are joking.

[/ QUOTE ]

if Party Poker became infested with bots, you're saying the people that knew about it would play there?
Old 06-22-2005, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You and your bot posts are just freaking stupid. Bots are not players. Having data to back up choices isn't much different than taking notes and then sharing those.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, then take notes and share them. Be my guest. But I still think you have a double standard when it comes to automating different parts of poker playing.

[ QUOTE ]
A bot, even if I write it, is different. Knowing what to do when I have endless time to think about it and codify it is one thing, actually making decisions under pressure is entirely different.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and knowing what stats you want and the method of collecting and calculating them is one thing, actually doing it in real time is quite another.

And where do you draw the line? How advanced data processing should be allowed? How much AI should be allowed in the "automated note-taking"?
Old 06-22-2005, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, then why ban bots? It would be rake heaven!

[/ QUOTE ]

because the multitabling TAGs would go play on Poker Stars

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you are joking.

[/ QUOTE ]

if Party Poker became infested with bots, you're saying the people that knew about it would play there?

[/ QUOTE ]

I say that if rake and games was the only concern, Party, and others, would probably be better off with an invasion of bots replacing all the massive multitablers. Scaring off these winning multitablers with the presence of bots would not be something that Party should be concerned over. Bots in themselves would certainly not generate less rake or games than those players. It is the risk of scaring off the recreational players that is what Party cannot risk with allowing bots.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:12 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

recreational players 1 table and play a few thousand hands a month. multitabling TAGs play 30k hands a month

it's like the government chasing away upper and upper-middle class families and making it more appealing for middle and lower class people because there are more of them. even though they're chasing out the minority they're losing a significant amount in tax dollars. I don't claim to know anything about politics. it just seemed like a fitting analogy
Old 06-22-2005, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
recreational players 1 table and play a few thousand hands a month. multitabling TAGs play 30k hands a month

it's like the government chasing away upper and upper-middle class families and making it more appealing for middle and lower class people because there are more of them. even though they're chasing out the minority they're losing a significant amount in tax dollars. I don't claim to know anything about politics. it just seemed like a fitting analogy

[/ QUOTE ]

TAGs don't win money from poker sites. They win money off of fish. A site with more TAGs than fish is not sustainable. A poker site can live without TAGs but it won't last long without many many fish.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and that 1 recreational player is more valuable to the site than you.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
and that 1 recreational player is more valuable to the site than you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't wait to hear you explain this.
Old 06-22-2005, 06:27 AM

>>>If you had any idea what you are talking about, you would know that if you ACTUALLY BECAME A GOOD PLAYER these people wouldn't have any advantage over you at all.

Maybe I don't have a life goal of becoming a good poker player. Are you saying that just because someone doesn't want to devote their entire life to the game and just wants to have fun playing that they deserve to be scammed and cheated?

>>>By the big brother comment, you make it sound like you are GUARANTEED to lose no matter what against ppl who use this software. You are soooooo wrong. You sucking at poker is what makes it a guarantee.

Fine. I suck at poker. And you think it's +EV to chase me and players like me away from the tables. And yes, playing against users of these cheating programs is as much a guarantee of me losing as if I were playing against a collusion team.

>>>And I can hear your whining retorts from a mile away, so just so you know, I pulled 1,000 bb out of mid-micro limits in the span of less than 3 months without owning/using pt/gt+ or any other assistance program.

Good for you. But now apparently you have to resort to using cheating programs to win. Welcome to the dark side.

>>>You want "entertainment?" Pay for it. You want to make money? Learn the game.

I would be "paying" for my entertainment regardless of whether my opponants use poker tracker or not. The difference is whether I'm losing fair and square or am being cheated out of my money.

And as for your advice, I believe a better solution is to do what I have done: stop playing online poker as long as these programs are out there. And believe it or not, as bad a player that I consider myself, somehow I have managed to actually make a small profit in my career playing online.

If you folks are going to keep saying that there is nothing wrong with Big Brother profiling programs, then all I can respond with is that if I ever re-enter the online poker arena, that I would feel no compunction or guilt about using bots or even being a member of a collusion/cheating team. It's a piranha-eat-oscarfish world out there, and if poker is a cutthroat game that is all about money and nothing else (and especially not for mere entertainment) then I would make the decision to be the piranha and not the oscarfish, and morals and ethics be damned since they don't exist in the real world in the year 2005 anyway.

There is one word that describes people who play fairly: sucker
Old 06-22-2005, 06:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And when the fish and recreational players disappear, who will you pokertracker fanatics be winning money off of? Each other???? Have fun trading chips back and forth and being bled by the rake.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And when the fish and recreational players disappear, who will you pokertracker fanatics be winning money off of? Each other???? Have fun trading chips back and forth and being bled by the rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please come back when you are able to constuct a logical, conistent argument.