Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2005, 12:34 AM

Default My (quite so sour) summer challenge.

I've decided to take a break from poker for the summer. I play too much, and I figure a couple of months' cold turkey will do me good. Summer is worth more than a few thousand dollars anyway. I'm hereby challenging myself to not play online poker until some time in august, except for maybe trying to finish off the $50-$1000 challenge when I'm not drinking and not working friday/saturday nights.

Here's where that stands by the way:

I'm getting real tight for 6max. Suppose I'm scared by the stakes. But I'm still a luckbox, so it's all good [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Anyway, I won't post much on here before august either. I'm sure you'll miss me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Take care and enjoy your summers.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:05 AM

Default Re: My (quite so sour) summer challenge.

lol, good pun [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Good luck with both challenges and have a great summer !
We'll be right here when you come back [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 06-21-2005, 07:52 PM

Default Update and rules change

Poker celibacy is hard/I am a weak person. Maybe cold turkey isn't my thing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Anyway, I found one bad and a couple of mediocre players earlier tonight at NL$600 and sat down for half an hour. I am up a whopping half big blind! Does this mean I should give up my day job as a banana gatherer? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Anyway, the bad players left in awe of my 100-5BB stack, and I had to leave as well obviously, since new players at the table can't be assumed to be idiot-LAGs until proven otherwise. NL$600 is hell [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Here's the rule change anyway: I'm allowed to play 2+2tables. That's fun. So, gather round children. Play with me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

wtfsvi's private table
pwd: celibacy (if you can spell it=)
50NL

EDIT: Oh well, I can't expect people to read this. I'll start a new post for the 2+2 game.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:06 PM

Default Re: Update and rules change

[ QUOTE ]
Poker celibacy is hard/I am a weak person. Maybe cold turkey isn't my thing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your powers of resistance are amazing! ;-)